Salix Xfce 13.37

pwatk

Re: Salix Xfce 13.37

Post by pwatk »

I'm not infront of my laptop at the moment but I'm pretty sure you should find the wallpaper in /usr/share/xfce4/backgrounds/.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Thank you both.

@Akuna Oddly enough, I get an xfce wallpaper - horizontal grey stripes with a rat (mouse?) in the middle above the letters xfce.

@pwatk Is it the one called StairWay.png with white and pastel boxes, and no tree? sheytanbv36.png looks like the old one, or very similar.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

@mimosa
you need the new user-settings-xfce package to have default salix settings for xfce with newly created users.

And yes, it's Stairway.png
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Thanks gapan, that did it.

It looks nice, but I do miss the tree. :( It reminds me vaguely of Mandriva wallpaper. :lol:
deNiros

Post by deNiros »

Thanks to the devs a lot! It's a great release.

I used slackware 13.37, but packagemanagement, like building everything from source grew over my head (especially all the multimediapacks in order). Slackware is great, and you guys made Salix a great slackware desktop distro. I use it as my prime desktop OS.
ikke

Post by ikke »

caitlyn wrote: For future reference you didn't have to reboot or change the init level. Just hitting CTRL-ALT-F2 would have taken you to a virtual console and you could have logged in and done the work.
Thank you very much. Will try to remember your advice when installing Salix 13.37 Fluxbox and/or LXDE.
caitlyn wrote:I've got to wonder, for future versions (13.37.1 maybe), if some code could be added to the installer (,,,) offering the option to download, compile and install the proprietary driver within the OS install process. That would certainly make it easier for less technically sophisticated users with one of the affected chipsets.
Fully agree!

Regards.
john256

Post by john256 »

Dear Salix OS Team,

your latest 13.37 release is a fabulous minimalistic Linux distro based on the rock-solid Slackware base! I have installed it recently on a rather old-ish laptop and am very pleased how it works now swiftly and lightly :D

I have a few minor suggestions that I will post in the corresponding forum section, but apart from these I am very impressed and can only say:

Thank you all for the GREAT WORK!!!
fitus

Post by fitus »

Thanks gapan for a wonderful distro,
Fitus
pizzar0

Post by pizzar0 »

its an A+ job! Thank you.
(Tested it on 12 different hw combos - Make/Model Lap/Net/Desktops + Serv. No sweat.)
ikke

Post by ikke »

JRD wrote:I'm working on a Live version. I cannot say a final date, but it will be ok quite soon, in few weeks.
Any progress?

Thank you for your efforts..