Salix Live Xfce 13.37 RC1

ikke

Re: Salix Live Xfce 13.37 RC1

Post by ikke »

ruario wrote:On updating Opera to 11.60 I changed the post install slightly. I'd be interested to know if this stops you seeing the problem as well.
Thank you for continuing interest.

Have to inform you that problems remain : no icons and background image when I use the module made from "opera-11.60-i686-1ro.txz". When I install afterwards "opera-11.60-i686-1ro.txz" with installpkg everything is OK.

Thank you.
ruario

Post by ruario »

ikke wrote:Have to inform you that problems remain : no icons and background image when I use the module made from "opera-11.60-i686-1ro.txz".
Ok, then save the SLKBUILD to an empty directory locally, remove the doinst function (from "doinst() {" to the end of the file), then save it. Then, within that directory in a terminal issue:

Code: Select all

slkbuild -X
As root, or prefaced with either fakeroot or sudo.

This will repackage without the post install.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Oh yes, I saw your SLKBUILD and accoording to Salix packaging rules, the lines in doinst() should not be there. I don't know what's wrong but it's should not be handled by the package itself, the distribution takes care of maintaining icon and mime cache by itself.

By the way, other points in this SLKBUILD is not correct (arch should not be set explicitely, LIBDIRSUFFIX should be used to handle /lib|/lib64 instead of detecting architecture, /usr/doc/opera should not be a symlink to /usr/doc/opera-version you should choose one)

But I think it's going a bit off topic, don't you think ?