MATE Desktop Environment packages

Ekimino

Re: MATE Desktop Environment packages

Post by Ekimino »

Working Perfectly on 13.37 => x86_64.

I will soon start reading package guidelines, hopefully i can be of any help maintaining Mate on Salix.
witek

Post by witek »

Nothing important but when I start caja for the first time from terminal it behaves like this:

in terminal: caja - the window opens
close the caja window with click on the upper-right cross - the window closes but the terminal is locked and says
CRITICAL **: mate_bg_crossfade_start: assertion `fade->priv->fading_pixmap != NULL' failed
hit Ctrl-C - caja unexpectedly starts again
then it works normally.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

zAchAry wrote:mate-disk-usage-analyzer (works, but no program icon in Help > About)
mate-disk-usage-analyzer
file:///usr/share/icons/mate/24x24/apps/baobab.png
file:///usr/share/icons/mate/scalable/apps/baobab.svg
zAchAry wrote:mate-media (MATE media utilities)
mate-volume-control
Icons are not recognized.
ImageImageImage
mate-volume-control
file:///usr/share/icons/mate/16x16/devices/gvc-tone.png
file:///usr/share/icons/mate/16x16/devices/gvc-line-in.png
file:///usr/share/icons/mate/16x16/devices/gvc-headphones.png
file:///usr/share/icons/mate/16x16/devices/gvc-3d-sound.png
file:///usr/share/icons/mate/16x16/status/audio-input-microphone-muted.png

The icons are located at /usr/share/icons/mate/ instead of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/

Edit: IMHO, mate-media should be renamed to mate-volume-control and gnome-media should be renamed to gstreamer-properties
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

How do I change the menu icon in MATE? I tried mateconf-editor>apps>panel>objects>menu_bar_screen0 and checked use custom icon and gave it the path to the icon but nothing changed once I closed mce.

on the other hand where does the Salix icon live so I can recolor it? it's black and doesn't show well in the panel with dark themes.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
Shador

Post by Shador »

loukingjr wrote:on the other hand where does the Salix icon live so I can recolor it? it's black and doesn't show well in the panel with dark themes.
Try this:

Code: Select all

find /usr/share/ -iregex '.*salix[^/]*\.\(jp.?g\|svg\|png\)'
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

Shador wrote:
loukingjr wrote:on the other hand where does the Salix icon live so I can recolor it? it's black and doesn't show well in the panel with dark themes.
Try this:

Code: Select all

find /usr/share/ -iregex '.*salix[^/]*\.\(jp.?g\|svg\|png\)'
thanks. that works except I have no idea which of the 14 icons is being used by the mate menu. :?
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
Shador

Post by Shador »

Probably one of the fixed resolution pngs. Just grab the svg and edit it as you like safe it and safe another version with an appropriate solution.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

I suppose but there has to be a better way. Even if I did find which of several icons I need to change I would have to edit theme any time I changed themes. Not to mention if I wanted to use something other than the Salix logo.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
Shador

Post by Shador »

loukingjr wrote:I suppose but there has to be a better way. Even if I did find which of several icons I need to change I would have to edit theme any time I changed themes. Not to mention if I wanted to use something other than the Salix logo.
No, I never said to swap those files with a custom version. But I'm just not at all familiar with gnome or mate, so I can't tell you what could be the problem that prevents you from selecting a different icon. Maybe gapan or some of the mate devs in their irc channel could help you on that matter.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

yes, I assume they will see this post and let me know. I also posted the question on the Mint forum seeing they've been using MATE for awhile. Someone will know. thanks for trying to help though. :)
iMac 2.8Ghz i7