Salix Xfce 14.0beta1

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0beta1

Post by gapan »

loukingjr wrote:edit: I had to run "parole --xv false" and it's working now.
Right. I guess that would better go in the FAQ.
Adys wrote:OK, the "Cancel" explains the loop. Now, how the mounting points step of the installation should work if the user wants to have separated partitions for "/" and for "/home" (or for whatever else)? (Note: Until now I have only tested this beta1 with only one partition.) It seems that currently the only option would be to move to the relevant row and press [ENTER] so to set "/" only, and that there is no additional option for any other potential mounting points ("/home" as example) during the installation. Am I understanding it correctly?
Other mountpoints are assigned in a separate dialog that follows that one (if there are any other partitions).
mimosa wrote:I'm having trouble with lilosetup. Here I'm running it from the beta in sda1.
Honestly, I'm not at all certain lilosetup works. I just took the latest code from git and packaged it. I've been waiting for Akuna to make a package, but he's gone. I guess I'll have to look into that too.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Gone? Forever?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

mimosa wrote:Gone? Forever?
Hopefully not :D
The best word should have probably been "away".
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

It's all a question of aspect. I hope so too!
Adys

Post by Adys »

LibreOffice 3.6.2 was released. With 3.5.x and 3.6.x having so many bug fixes, I hope the final Salix 14.0 will include the most stable LibreOffice available at that moment (or better yet IMHO, don't have ANY such amount of MB already installed; instead have the <latest stable> version easily available for download and easy install with some visible icon for the user to decide if he wants it).
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

About a Live version. Probably for the start of november. I'll wait for a final release of Salix 14.0 first, and some packages are still missing from the repo for a Live version.
I also need to continue investigate on one or two problems that some users encountered with some Live configurations in 13.37 to, If I can, correct them for 14.0.
This required a bit of time which I don't have until November 2. If I have time, I will probably better help gapan debug LiloSetup, unless Akuna found time :)
Burt Wilson

Post by Burt Wilson »

Carried out a full install of 14 last night. Didn't get a lot of time to play but can confirm I had an identical message to Lou when using Parole. Otherwise all looks good thus far.
Revorg

Post by Revorg »

Please fix the problem with the network-mannager-applet 0.9.4.1-i486-2. It does not work

roman [~] $ nm-applet

** (Nm-applet: 2449): CRITICAL **: dbus_set_g_error: assertion `gerror == NULL | | * gerror == NULL 'failed
segmentation fault

Sorry for my bad English.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

mimosa wrote:Those paths still don't look right
Actually it seems OK, if some of your partitions with an OS are not mounted while you run LiloSetup, it will temporarily mount them for you in the /tmp/lilosetup directory.

Unless I got you wrong, are you saying LiloSetup interverted sda1 and sda5? Are the kernel listed the right ones from the appropriate partitions?
gapan wrote:
mimosa wrote:Gone? Forever?
Hopefully not :D
The best word should have probably been "away".
Actually I'm swamped with work with crucial deadlines and will be pretty much out of the picture at least until mid November, but most probably even further until the end of the year. :(

I'll do my best to look at this but if I'm too slow and anyone has the time to step in, please do so.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Hmm but the trouble with the paths was that the partition I was using was accessed by the path /tmp/lilosetup whereas *another* partition was directly /boot/vmlinuz; I had to edit it manually to make it work. I think.

Anyway it seems counterintuitive. If this is a bug, my hunch is maybe it has something to do with my having selected that partition as first in the list, even though I was using another partition to run lilosetup.

I wish I could help with it but I need to do a lot more work with my Python book before I would be any use.