Salix Xfce 14.0beta1

Akuna
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0beta1

Post by Akuna »

mimosa wrote:Hmm but the trouble with the paths was that the partition I was using was accessed by the path /tmp/lilosetup whereas *another* partition was directly /boot/vmlinuz; .
Yes, by default, LiloSetup chroots to the first Linux partition in the list and runs lilo from there (which is why it runs well from a liveCD as well) after mounting necessary additional partition from there too. So those paths were correct from the viewpoint of the target partition. This is also where you will find the /etc/lilosetup.conf file afterwards. ;)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Ah I see. That last point is useful indeed ...
portaro

Post by portaro »

Please Take my needs-<

Maintain a kiwix packet to properly install on my salix. -> http://www.kiwix.org/index.php/Main_Page/en

- I want if is possible add some tool like conky - control to new release of salix a tool wich user can use to add more than one conky at time to desk and stop or active various conky models->
Some like this:
http://bbs.archbang.org/viewtopic.php?id=3017
and a image of conky control on voyager

Its all of my part, what is the probable official date to new final release?

Im very insterest in pass definetively to only use salix on my laptop! :D thanks for receive my opinion, greetings from Portugal.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Kiwix is available from Sourcery / slapt-src
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Burt Wilson wrote:Carried out a full install of 14 last night. Didn't get a lot of time to play but can confirm I had an identical message to Lou when using Parole. Otherwise all looks good thus far.
Upgrade the parole package with the package manager. I have added a checkbox in parole's preferences window to enable/disable Xv video output. Disabling it should fix it for you.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Revorg wrote:Please fix the problem with the network-mannager-applet 0.9.4.1-i486-2. It does not work

roman [~] $ nm-applet

** (Nm-applet: 2449): CRITICAL **: dbus_set_g_error: assertion `gerror == NULL | | * gerror == NULL 'failed
segmentation fault

Sorry for my bad English.
Do you have the NetworkManager service enabled and running?
slack631

Post by slack631 »

Hi,
A new x64-14 Salix. Everything looks quite nice.
I installed the Nvidia proprietary drivers, But I had to pre-install the kernel source from slackvare-14dvd,
also a usb_modeswitch package, cmake, and additionally slackvare64-compat32 packages.
Hell :) only for Wine Package I had to install an old game .. :), also some themes from Vector.
In that sense, you may consider compatibility with the new multilib packages, because Gslapt wants to improve them ,
or aligns with others from the repo.
Or an extra CD with software, why not.

Everything is working very well.
During the installation cfdisk reported an error in partitions, but It has happened before with cfdisk. So trouble-free installation continued,
the partitions were prepared before, and it passed pretty well.

I almost forgot, the panel was set above, but is easy to move.
And QT V4L2 seems does not work.

thanks
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

portaro wrote:Please Take my needs-<

Maintain a kiwix packet to properly install on my salix. -> http://www.kiwix.org/index.php/Main_Page/en

- I want if is possible add some tool like conky - control to new release of salix a tool wich user can use to add more than one conky at time to desk and stop or active various conky models->
Some like this:

Im very insterest in pass definetively to only use salix on my laptop! :D thanks for receive my opinion, greetings from Portugal.
Hi,

Thank you for the Conky News :-)

You may build an SLKBUILD package for it and submit it to the Salix repository.

Join to the mailing-list or click on the chat box at the bottom-left of the page (you need to be logged in) and the developers will guide you to the bug tracker where you submit an SLKBUILD and they will correct your mistakes, if any, wherever a correction is needed.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I've noticed an apparent problem with the udisks2 package. My /media is filling up with very similar directories:

Code: Select all

root[cashew]# ls /media────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
7486e789-c9e6-4672-8f12-6b8870e70593   cdrecorder0  dvd      floppy1  memory0
7486e789-c9e6-4672-8f12-6b8870e705931  cdrecorder1  dvd0     hd       memory1
README                                 cdrom        dvd1     hd0      zip
c377f878-01ed-4827-be68-be0cddb76d43   cdrom0       floppy   hd1      zip0
cdrecorder                             cdrom1       floppy0  memory   zip1
What I think is happening is if I shut down without unmounting the partition, its temporary directory stays. I just mounted sda5 with gmountman, and it appeared as 7486-foo-5932; that directory disappeared when I unmounted it. But if I just rebooted without unmounting, it would stay.

I bet if I mount sda6 now, it will be foo-d431. And if I don't unmount it, next time it will be foo-d432.
portaro

Post by portaro »

zAchAry wrote:
portaro wrote:Please Take my needs-<

Some like this:

Hi,

Thank you for the Conky News :-)

You may build an SLKBUILD package for it and submit it to the Salix repository.

Join to the mailing-list or click on the chat box at the bottom-left of the page (you need to be logged in) and the developers will guide you to the bug tracker where you submit an SLKBUILD and they will correct your mistakes, if any, wherever a correction is needed.
Im not familiar with slkbuild process i take a look on page, its simply but i dont have any idea how i can put the script of voyager on slkbuild packet, and the conky control needs two folders one in /lib and other on /etc/skel in home of user to launch all optional conkys.