Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

User avatar
zolix
Posts: 7
Joined: 7. Jan 2010, 17:51
Location: Dunaujvaros, Hungary

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by zolix » 8. Jan 2010, 05:04

I just found Salix among forumposts at Zenwalk...
OMG! This is what a polished slackware desktop means to me! :D
I've tried in virtualbox and I'm going to invite it onto my laptop.
Thank you guys, Salix is awesome cool. Hope you will stay on this way.
Now You have a brand new Salix fan.
I start to spread it to all my pals and family members.

User avatar
damNageHack
Posts: 663
Joined: 24. Sep 2009, 17:07

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by damNageHack » 8. Jan 2010, 07:21

zolix wrote:I just found Salix among forumposts at Zenwalk...
Salix is not even just Zenwalk 2.0. i think it is much more better than that!
zolix wrote:I start to spread it to all my pals and family members.
:o Good advertisement :D

And by the way: Welcome! ;)
Image
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.

User avatar
Akuna
Salix Wizard
Posts: 1038
Joined: 14. Jun 2009, 12:25

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by Akuna » 8. Jan 2010, 11:03

damNageHack wrote: Salix is not even just Zenwalk 2.0. i think it is much more better than that!)
:?: I believe Zenwalk, which BTW is a fine distro, is now at version 6.2.

In any case, let's not, even if slighly or in a pun, put other Linux distros down... there are other forums you can go to which specialize in distro flame 'mine is the longest' sort of duel. But let's try to avoid it here. Tx!
Image
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.

User avatar
Akuna
Salix Wizard
Posts: 1038
Joined: 14. Jun 2009, 12:25

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by Akuna » 8. Jan 2010, 11:04

And welcome zolix!

:)
Image
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.

User avatar
damNageHack
Posts: 663
Joined: 24. Sep 2009, 17:07

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by damNageHack » 8. Jan 2010, 12:42

Akuna wrote: :?: I believe Zenwalk, which BTW is a fine distro, is now at version 6.2.
In any case, let's not, even if slighly or in a pun, put other Linux distros down... !
Yes, it will be nasty to do so - in any case, and here in particular. I did not want to start a flame war or such ugly stuff here.
A warm welcome from me to all new Salix users!
Image
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.

User avatar
thenktor
Salix Wizard
Posts: 2426
Joined: 6. Jun 2009, 14:47
Location: Franconia
Contact:

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by thenktor » 8. Jan 2010, 12:49

Feel free to start flame wars. Finally I can show you my power as forum admin then :twisted: :mrgreen: :P
Image
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)

lori
Posts: 4
Joined: 9. Feb 2010, 06:31

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by lori » 9. Feb 2010, 08:32

hi all, i am new to Salix. I worked with several Slackware distributions like Zenwalk, Bluewhite or GoblinX but now i found Salix which is really nice! All what i need, 32-Bit, 64-Bit and soon a Live-CD (!)
Thanks for your great work guys!

zaen
Posts: 48
Joined: 6. Mar 2010, 11:01

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by zaen » 6. Mar 2010, 12:25

I found out about Salix two days ago from a feature review of Distrowatch. Without this review I wouldn't know it exist. It's not even in the Top 100 Page Hit Ranking of the site. I downloaded both 32- and 64-bit versions and they were a pleasant discovery.

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue ... 01#feature

Thank you for this neat and beautiful distro. I installed the 64-bit version and it worked well in my Acer4736z laptop.

User avatar
Akuna
Salix Wizard
Posts: 1038
Joined: 14. Jun 2009, 12:25

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by Akuna » 6. Mar 2010, 14:48

zaen wrote:I found out about Salix two days ago from a feature review of Distrowatch. Without this review I wouldn't know it exist. It's not even in the Top 100 Page Hit Ranking of the site. I downloaded both 32- and 64-bit versions and they were a pleasant discovery.

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue ... 01#feature

Thank you for this neat and beautiful distro. I installed the 64-bit version and it worked well in my Acer4736z laptop.
DW default ranking range for the last 6 months. Salix OS is quite a recent distribution & has only been added to Distrowatch database on the 13th november 2009 ( a bit more than 3 months).

Anyways, Welcome to Salix & thank you for the kind words of encouragement. :)
Image
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.

User avatar
Duncan_Idaho
Posts: 216
Joined: 19. Sep 2009, 01:43
Location: Sietch Tabr, Planet Arrakis

Re: Salix 13.0.2 is ready!

Post by Duncan_Idaho » 6. Mar 2010, 15:40

Akuna wrote:DW default ranking range for the last 6 months. Salix OS is quite a recent distribution & has only been added to Distrowatch database on the 13th november 2009 ( a bit more than 3 months).
as of today in Distrowatch, Salix is:
+ in the 83th place on the "last 3 months" list
+ in the 86th place on the "last 30 days" list
+ in the 38th place on the "last 7 days" list
(your mileage may vary)

way to go for Salix!! :mrgreen:
so congratulations Salix Team!! thanks for this wonderful distro! :D

Locked