Salix Xfce 14.0RC1

fredg

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0RC1

Post by fredg »

Transmission currently reports 0 seeders
There is at least 1 seeder for both ISO, my online Salix Server.

++
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

As the saying goes, "You can't get there from here" :cool: I did manage to download from SourceForge; next step is to check the md5sum, then get some sleep.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

jayseye, I only got the message when I tried to alter the proxy settings. But I no longer think that's the cause. Try using a diferent torrent client.
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

Thanks mimosa, AFAIK all my traffic goes straight to the 'net, free of any proxy. Fluxbox lacks a GUI corresponding to the one you mentioned, though I'd be glad to check any relevant config file(s), if someone knows where they are.

Meanwhile, perhaps our messages crossed: I was able to get a good download from a SourceForge mirror. Have since confirmed the md5sum so I should be good to go.

I did check the rtorrent website, and it sounds promising. May install that if I continue to have problems with Transmission for the next RC or the release.

In any case I've been exploring Slackel on Google Plus, and on their website, as mentioned on my Rolling Release thread here under Other Distros. That will take some time to download: only available via SF.net, AFAICS. Sounds like it may meet my needs for a Salix-flavored, rolling binary distro of Slackware -current.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

At least three people have had the same problem, but not with rtorrent. So if you do have trouble next time round, maybe try that.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

fredg wrote:
Transmission currently reports 0 seeders
There is at least 1 seeder for both ISO, my online Salix Server.

++
A. Use Web Seed, too, like ArchLinux do with their torrents. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=28703
B. Do not disable DHT and PEX, otherwise people from countries where ISPs block tracker method will be able to download data only on certain hours, unless their ISP blocks trackers 24/7.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

There is definitely something wrong with the torrents and it probably has to do with the trackers that are used. I am certainly seeding both isos and I know for a fact that at least fredg is doing the same, yet I still see 0 seeders and 0 leechers listed (using rtorrent to seed). That maybe a problem that only affects a few clients (or doesn't affect a few clients), but it's still a problem. Something to check for in the final release.
fredg

Post by fredg »

It is a multi-tracker torrent files.
I haven't use linuxtracker this time as some people seems to have troubles with it.
So, for those ones, free trackers have been used used, openbittorrent and publicbt: http://publicbt.com/

If someone have a clue on know how to debug this situation, let's say it now ;)

++
Adys

Post by Adys »

Currently, LibreOffice 3.5.7 is stated as "the stable version" in their website.

Note that normally the last version is X.Y.6 (3.5.6 in this case), but so many bugfixes were sent that 3.5.7 was added. Excellent!

In about two weeks from now, LibreOffice 3.6.3 is supposed to get out. For 3.6.0, there were several issues not resolved on time. Hopefully 3.6.3 will be better.

I am mentioning all these points so they can be considered when choosing which LibreOffice version to include, depending on when exactly Salix 14 final gold gets out.

(IMHO, a script to download the "latest stable" and install it should be better than adding a specific version in the ISO image, but since I don't have the knowledge to actually write such script...)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Adys wrote:(IMHO, a script to download the "latest stable" and install it should be better than adding a specific version in the ISO image, but since I don't have the knowledge to actually write such script...)
That script is called an SLKBUILD file and it's right into your /usr/src/libreoffice-$pkgver dir.

And I don't see version 3.5.7 listed as the preferred version in their website. I only see that 3.6.2 is being downloaded by default when you press the download button.