Salix Xfce 14.0RC2

Huee

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0RC2

Post by Huee »

Another bug: when in wicd-gtk as root, try adding a post-connection script to some connection (Properties -> Scripts). After clicking OK and connecting to network, the script is not launched. Also, when I open the "Scripts" window again, path to the script is not written there...
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Huee wrote:Another bug: when in wicd-gtk as root, try adding a post-connection script to some connection (Properties -> Scripts). After clicking OK and connecting to network, the script is not launched. Also, when I open the "Scripts" window again, path to the script is not written there...
You're not supposed to run wicd-gtk as root.
witek

Post by witek »

I have serious problem with network file transfer with caja. I wanted to overwrite a ZIP file via network ftp connection and caja hang after showing the window with - very nice feature by the way - the option to show differences between files with the same names. I forced it to close but it keeps hanging: I`m unable to restart caja without logging off

EDIT: this only happens for FTP protocol (SFTP is fine) and ZIP files (text files seems fine)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

witek wrote:I have serious problem with network file transfer with caja. I wanted to overwrite a ZIP file via network ftp connection and caja hang after showing the window with - very nice feature by the way - the option to show differences between files with the same names. I forced it to close but it keeps hanging: I`m unable to restart caja without logging off

EDIT: this only happens for FTP protocol (SFTP is fine) and ZIP files (text files seems fine)
I just tried it with FTP and zip files and it works with no problems. How big is your zip file? Maybe it's trying to figure out sizes and you think it has hanged?
witek

Post by witek »

Unfortunately it hangs forever. I found that there might be problem with this process (at least when I killed it I was able to restart caja):

Code: Select all

/usr/libexec/gvfsd-ftp --spawner :1.7 /org/gtk/gvfs/exec_spaw/2
EDIT:
I tried to reinstall gvfs-1.12.3-i486-2 but it didn`t help
witek

Post by witek »

It looks that exactly this ZIP file keeps crashing caja while being overwrited via FTP:
http://advamacs.com/advamacs.sdf.zip (ca. 170KB - this is the zipped official catalog from my company in a special format)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

witek wrote:It looks that exactly this ZIP file keeps crashing caja while being overwrited via FTP:
http://advamacs.com/advamacs.sdf.zip (ca. 170KB - this is the zipped official catalog from my company in a special format)
Works fine here.
Huee

Post by Huee »

gapan wrote:You're not supposed to run wicd-gtk as root.
If I don't I can't even get into she Scripts window because it needs root privileges and when I try to open it as a normal user, an error pops up with window header "ktsuss" and text "Command passed is invalid". ktsuss is installed of course. Also, if I run wicd-gtk as root shouldn't make any difference in this anyway, because it's setting this thing system-wide.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Huee wrote:If I don't I can't even get into she Scripts window because it needs root privileges and when I try to open it as a normal user, an error pops up with window header "ktsuss" and text "Command passed is invalid". ktsuss is installed of course. Also, if I run wicd-gtk as root shouldn't make any difference in this anyway, because it's setting this thing system-wide.
Go in wicd preferences and specifically select ktsuss as the graphical sudo application.
Huee

Post by Huee »

gapan wrote:Go in wicd preferences and specifically select ktsuss as the graphical sudo application.
OK, now I can use it as normal user, but settings of scripts still disappear after closing the Scripts window...