Salix Xfce 14.0RC2

Antid Oto

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0RC2

Post by Antid Oto »

mimosa wrote:I managed to catch LibreOffice misbehaving again, and this time I'd called it from the command line:

Code: Select all

cashew[Copia Notebook]$ lowriter anne.doc
/usr/lib/libreoffice3.6/program/../ure-link/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
The observed behaviour is the same: the progress bar on the initial green box goes to the end, and then nothing else happens.
Login as root and enter this command:

mv /usr/lib/libreoffice3.6/ure-link/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libreoffice3.6/ure-link/lib/libstdc++.so.6_bak
With that you will solve the problem. ;)
witek

Post by witek »

I wanted to use konqueror thus I installed kde-network with dependencies via slapt-get. When I`m trying to use konqueror it says:

The requested operation could not be completed
Improperly Formatted URL

Details of the Request:
URL: http://www.salixos.org
Protocol: http
Date and Time: Sunday 11 November 2012 23:21
Additional Information: http://www.salixos.org
Description:
The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that you entered was not properly formatted. The format of a URL is generally as follows:
protocol://user:password@www.example.org:port/folder/filename.extension?query=value
Possible Solutions:
Double-check that you have entered the correct location and try again.
It looks it misses something
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Thanks Antid Oto. Whatever's underlying that, though, presumably needs to be fixed for the release. What is that file for, and could the hack break anything else?

Has anyone seen similar misbehaviour from Libre?
Antid Oto

Post by Antid Oto »

It seems that Libreoffice expected a different version of Glibc installed on Salix. I tried the "hack" thoroughly and I had no problems. I found the solution on this website:

http://emilianoangel.wordpress.com/2011 ... -y-java-7/

But you stay calm because this error is occurring in almost all distros. Perhaps as you say it fixed in the next release.
Sorry for english!! It is not my native language.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Thanks for the explanation, Antid Oto. Looking at that site, I think I have the third error - I indeed installed jdk directly from Java.

It's funny that it only occasionally interferes with Libre's launch.

I only installed that jdk to see if I would have better luck building something with it than with openjdk; but it didn't actually help, so I can get rid of it and see if that fixes Libre.
Dutch898

Post by Dutch898 »

When you on the XFCE desktop try to change in menu properties the size of the pictograms and after that closing this window the new adjustment wil not changed. :shock:
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Dutch898 wrote:When you on the XFCE desktop try to change in menu properties the size of the pictograms and after that closing this window the new adjustment wil not changed. :shock:
Did you press the Enter key?
Dutch898

Post by Dutch898 »

gapan wrote:
Dutch898 wrote:When you on the XFCE desktop try to change in menu properties the size of the pictograms and after that closing this window the new adjustment wil not changed. :shock:
Did you press the Enter key?
There is not a Ok button, there is only one button named "closed" to see. In XFCE 13.37 with this button the new settings will be inherited.

In XFC :| E 14.02 However, in the new version, the settings are not adjusted
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Dutch898 wrote:There is not a Ok button, there is only one button named "closed" to see. In XFCE 13.37 with this button the new settings will be inherited.

In XFC :| E 14.02 However, in the new version, the settings are not adjusted
You need to use the little arrows on the right, or press the enter key when you type the size. If you think that is a bug, create a bug report with xfce.
sjox
Donor

Post by sjox »

Hi, Dutch898
It's not a Bug (to change the size of the pictograms)
I think you only have to wait few seconds!
If you change and close to fast or go back, then nothing happens!
(I must wait about 3 seconds)