Salix KDE 14.0RC2

laplume
Donor

Re: Salix KDE 14.0RC2

Post by laplume »

laplume wrote: -slapt-get works correctly, but gslapt is not (tried to start it from kickoff menu, not opening)
-salix-codecs-installer not starting
Update: for some strange reason after a reboot today I found out gslapt was finally working from kickoff menu
Also codecs-installer worked (but only if launched from terminal).

Audio/Video play smoothly with Clementine and Bangarang.

Regards,
Antonio
Atip

Post by Atip »

Installed 32-bit.

On booting it complained that it cannot find modules for 3.6.10 and as I expected then I had had no keyboard and mouse.
Checking I found that kernel and modules 3.2.29 are installed which are in the iso file.

I then copied kernel and modules 3.6.10 from my Salix-Xfce over and on reboot to Salix KDE 14.0RC2 I have mouse and KB.
Posting from it now.

BTW how do I change on the panel the clock to 24 hour format. I hate that am/pm bit. Not being really a friend of KDE that ads
to my dislike if such a trival thing is not easy to change, unles I am too dumb. ;)
wayne

Post by wayne »

Atip wrote:
BTW how do I change on the panel the clock to 24 hour format. I hate that am/pm bit. Not being really a friend of KDE that ads
to my dislike if such a trival thing is not easy to change, unles I am too dumb. ;)
@Atip,

try this:
right click the clock widget on panel
Digital Clock Setting
Appearance
click a little icon on far right hand side on the line Date Format
on popup windows, click Date & Time tab
click the drop down arrow on right hand side of the Time format
( now you have many choices. pick or type HHMM, or HH:MM, or HH:MM:SS, will give you 24hr format) and Apply.

hth
Atip

Post by Atip »

wayne wrote:
Atip wrote:
@Atip,

try this:
right click the clock widget on panel
Digital Clock Setting
Appearance
click a little icon on far right hand side on the line Date Format
on popup windows, click Date & Time tab
click the drop down arrow on right hand side of the Time format
( now you have many choices. pick or type HHMM, or HH:MM, or HH:MM:SS, will give you 24hr format) and Apply.

hth
Thanks, got it. So date format = time format as well :?: I like my mate-panel: 2 clicks and change is made. :lol:
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

Atip wrote:Installed 32-bit.

On booting it complained that it cannot find modules for 3.6.10 and as I expected then I had had no keyboard and mouse.
Checking I found that kernel and modules 3.2.29 are installed which are in the iso file.

I then copied kernel and modules 3.6.10 from my Salix-Xfce over and on reboot to Salix KDE 14.0RC2 I have mouse and KB.
Posting from it now.

What modules 3.6.10. There was no such kernel on slackware. Something is going on with your system. You have mixed things with other distro's. Please if you want to help testing make a clean installation in a clean partition.
ibka

Post by ibka »

Installed 32-bit today for testing.
Manual partition
Chosed Full installation

Installed swedish language

Found that GTKMan missing icon in menu.

The following i dont now if its a KDE problem.
In dolphin right klick -> Create New
"kalkylark" (dont now what the menu is in english, spreadsheets) file is archive type
"Pressentationsdokument" (dont now what the menu is in english, presentations) it create a file with extension .kpr dolphin try to open it with Calligra Mobile.
Atip

Post by Atip »

djemos wrote:
Atip wrote:Installed 32-bit.

Posting from it now.
What modules 3.6.10. There was no such kernel on slackware. Something is going on with your system. You have mixed things with other distro's. Please if you want to help testing make a clean installation in a clean partition.
OK, I put Salix KDE 14.0RC2 on a USB stick with unetbootin from my Salix-XFCE-14 box which
I run with kenel-3.6.10 for quite some time. Even forgot where I got it from. Now to my
surprise the installed Salix KDE 14.0RC2 is looking for these kernel modules. So the easy
way was to give it. Search me how that happens looking for modules 3.6.10.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

I don't use unetbootin.
Use install-on-USB, liveclone to install salix on usb.
This has something to do with your settings. Or something else you have done. It has nothing to do with salixlive-kde.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I'm sure there is documentation on the wiki for how to use install-on-USB.sh, but I've just spent ten minutes searching for it, and I can only find it in French and Italian. Basically just copy everything in the iso to the stick, and run the install script in the /boot directory. If unsure, please use Liveclone - and be aware that it may take some time.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

What are you talking about? install-on-usb.sh and liveclone are options for the live editions. This is the standard edition we're talking about. The standard edition can be transferred to usb using dd (preferred) or with unetbootin (there are instructions in the wiki for both).

In any case, Atip's problem is not a problem with Salix. He has messed up his bootloader/kernels somehow.