Salix Xfce 14.0.1RC1

djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0.1RC1

Post by djemos »

mimosa wrote:I just experienced a crash in the 64-bit RC1. I selected a fair amount of text in midori and copied it to the clipboard with ctrl-c. When I opened pyroom, everything froze. alt-sysrq-r,u,s,b and ctrl-alt-backspace/del were ineffective, and it was also not possible (with no keyboard) to move to a tty with ctrl-alt Fx. I had to do a hard reboot.
Doing the same copied text from midori to clipboard and run pyroom and paste it to pyrom, i don't see any crashes. System (32 bit) is OK.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Here are some suggestions for what would be helpful to test at this point:
djemos wrote:Tests can follow these steps.
Install openjdk.
Open midori and firefox and using applets can check if java is working. (e.g.Electronics Demonstrations applets)
Then install openjre (which removes openjdk) and do the same.

This is useful also test java
I would add that it might be helpful to call the browser from the command line

Code: Select all

$midori
so you can see any error messages. Even if a crash freezes the machine, if the terminal window is visible, something helpful may appear in it.

I've experienced another couple of crashes in general browsing in Midori; there doesn't seem to be any pattern.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Firefox says the following when it opens a circuit simulator:
mimosa[~]$ firefox

Code: Select all

java version "1.7.0_40"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.0) (Slackware)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.0-b40, mixed mode)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/mimosa/.icedtea/deployment.properties (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:143)
        at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:72)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.config.DeploymentConfiguration.parsePropertiesFile(DeploymentConfiguration.java:604)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.config.DeploymentConfiguration.findSystemConfigFile(DeploymentConfiguration.java:424)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.config.DeploymentConfiguration.load(DeploymentConfiguration.java:236)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.config.DeploymentConfiguration.load(DeploymentConfiguration.java:205)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.JNLPRuntime.initialize(JNLPRuntime.java:194)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletSecurityContext.<init>(PluginAppletSecurityContext.java:252)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletSecurityContext.<init>(PluginAppletSecurityContext.java:270)
        at sun.applet.PluginMain.main(PluginMain.java:109)
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
        at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:645)
        at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$JKS.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:55)
        at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1214)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.security.KeyStores.createKeyStoreFromFile(KeyStores.java:384)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.security.KeyStores.getKeyStore(KeyStores.java:139)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.security.KeyStores.getKeyStore(KeyStores.java:118)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.security.KeyStores.getCAKeyStores(KeyStores.java:206)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.security.VariableX509TrustManager.<init>(VariableX509TrustManager.java:121)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.security.VariableX509TrustManager.getInstance(VariableX509TrustManager.java:439)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.security.VariableX509TrustManagerJDK7.<init>(VariableX509TrustManagerJDK7.java:53)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.JNLPRuntime.getSSLSocketTrustManager(JNLPRuntime.java:319)
        at net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.JNLPRuntime.initialize(JNLPRuntime.java:256)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletSecurityContext.<init>(PluginAppletSecurityContext.java:252)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletSecurityContext.<init>(PluginAppletSecurityContext.java:270)
        at sun.applet.PluginMain.main(PluginMain.java:109)
diff.txt
This is with openjre on a 64 bit machine. However, everything works, also with openjdk, in both browsers.

EDIT More systematically: the Java test produces similar (but longer) output in all scenarios. Under the combination of openjre and Firefox, so do the circuits (or at least some of them, such as the "Wheatstone Bridge"). With openjdk, and in all cases with Midori, the circuits produce minimal output. But everything works, anyway.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »