Salix Xfce 14.1RC1

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Xfce 14.1RC1

Post by gapan »

shanek54 wrote:My bad - I blew away the EFI partition on that disk when I installed Slackware 14.0

It installs fine on another iMac that does have an EFI partition.

Apologies for the noise.
Great, thanks for the info!
sojurn

Post by sojurn »

I can't help with the EFI unfortunately, have older hardware, but I installed on my laptop first (Dell D410) with no problems (the next up is a Sempron Esprimo), the first obligatory updates and wireless all fine, and will add a few of my own things I use at home, finish the installation, also set up things I use for programming. I have been using 13.37 lxde the whole time, and part of it is just looking around and trying things, and then see if I can make it hiccup anywhere. Very nice first impression though.

Just an aside, I know people breeze through from time to time and complain about an "ugh, text install". But please keep it, a text install is easy and straightforward and fast. And a Salix install is fast anyway. Hell, I barely have time to go make coffee...
hugok

Post by hugok »

Hello,
Salix Xfce 14.1 RC1 looks and runs great in my 32bit laptop :D No bugs so far!!
Thanks gapan and team
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79
slack631

Post by slack631 »

Hi,
I noticed, that when a user creates a new shortcut. For example GSlapt shortcut,
then strange thing happens, in the drop-down menu appeares two choices,
the first one creates a shortcut that requires ktsu (or similar),
and the other one is for gksu. So if one creates the first one, that shortcut requares a ktsu
and won't run Gslapt. Another one for gksu works fine. It seems that there are some dependency in the packages. I don't know if it's a problem at all. Just to mention it.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

slack631 wrote:Hi,
I noticed, that when a user creates a new shortcut. For example GSlapt shortcut,
then strange thing happens, in the drop-down menu appeares two choices,
the first one creates a shortcut that requires ktsu (or similar),
and the other one is for gksu. So if one creates the first one, that shortcut requares a ktsu
and won't run Gslapt. Another one for gksu works fine. It seems that there are some dependency in the packages. I don't know if it's a problem at all. Just to mention it.
What do you mean "shortcut"? And how do you create it? And there's no such thing as "ktsu", so I have no idea what to make of your "report".
slack631

Post by slack631 »

What do you mean "shortcut"? And how do you create it?
Actualy it was to create Launcher on the top of Desktop, i'm calling that "shortcut".
So right clik on Desktop-Create Launcher. Then in a new window "Create Launcher", there is field "Name"
When you start typing "Gsla.." drop-down menu appears where two choices are, as I wrote.

Hope, now i was clear.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

If you are using KDE then you want kdsu (or whatever it is called), otherwise the other one.
slack631

Post by slack631 »

mimosa wrote:If you are using KDE then you want kdsu (or whatever it is called), otherwise the other one.
Actualy there wasn't a problem, that's how xfce4 works.

Thanks
shanek54
Donor

Post by shanek54 »

I installed RC1 on an iMac with non-efi boot option (it was running Slackware64 14.0)

Install was flawless.
My preferred set of software tools is installed.
My email is up an running.

In short, excellent RC, and I plan on using it as my desktop for the foreseeable future.

Thank you all for your efforts.

Regards,
Shane
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Nice to have you back :)