Salix Openbox 14.1RC1

djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Salix Openbox 14.1RC1

Post by djemos »

Bugs reported till now been fixed and new user-settings package upload on package submissions.
- Spacefm is looking for lxterminal now.
- ~/.xinitrc and /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.openbox are same now.
- Removed commented out lines from autostart.sh
- Removed the fbpanel battery applet
- Add xdg-user-dir to autostart.sh ([ -x /usr/bin/xdg-user-dir ] && xdg-user-dir) &
- The text editor button in the panel launches leafpad.
- Replace the line with this (setxkbmap -query | grep "^layout:" | sed "s/^layout: *//" | grep -q "," && [ -x /usr/bin/fbxkb ] && fbxkb) & in autostart.sh
- add the mate-notification-daemon package in the BASIC list.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

Atip wrote:Unable to play an audio CD with whaaw.
Can't mount /mnt/cdrom if enabled in fstab.

Code: Select all

sudo mount /mnt/cdrom
mount: /dev/sr0: can't read superblock
No problem playing a DVD
Yes confirm. Whaawmp was playing audio cd's in the past. It is not a good player but it is tiny. You can install vlc, mplayer, smplayer which are complete.
I cannot find an alternative for openbox. Any ideas are welcome.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

This is not a problem. Whaaw is not supposed to play audio CDs.
Atip wrote:Can't mount /mnt/cdrom if enabled in fstab.

sudo mount /mnt/cdrom
This is not a problem or a bug. You simply cannot mount an audio CD, ever, in any PC or any distribution. An audio CD does not contain a filesystem.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

djemos wrote:- Removed the fbpanel battery applet
Yes, but we'll need to replace this with something. I have uploaded batti to the repo, which seems to do the job. We need to include this and start it from autostart.sh.
djemos wrote:- Add xdg-user-dir to autostart.sh ([ -x /usr/bin/xdg-user-dir ] && xdg-user-dir) &)
If you did it exactly as you write it here, then it's wrong. The last & should be outside the last parenthesis.

Also, in autostart.sh, dbus should be started before anything else, so it has to be moved to the top.

And is there really no trash option in spacefm?
posixru

Post by posixru »

Salix Openbox 14.1RC1 (AUTOINSTALL/FULL)Image

djemos wrote:Yes confirm. Whaawmp was playing audio cd's in the past. It is not a good player but it is tiny. You can install vlc, mplayer, smplayer which are complete.
I cannot find an alternative for openbox. Any ideas are welcome.
My choice (video) mpv:

There are mpvguihs (mpv GUI) but I have enough mpv! Image
Audio player DeaDBeeF Image
Atip

Post by Atip »

gapan wrote:
This is not a problem. Whaaw is not supposed to play audio CDs.
Atip wrote:Can't mount /mnt/cdrom if enabled in fstab.

sudo mount /mnt/cdrom
This is not a problem or a bug. You simply cannot mount an audio CD, ever, in any PC or any distribution. An audio CD does not contain a filesystem.
Yeah I should know this. Just forget it since with mate-panel I can mount an audio CD (so it says) and play it with Whaaw.

And that is real. Listening to it just now. My whaaw calls itself "Whaaw! Media Player 0.2.14" so one should expect to to play an audio CD.

This is in my Salix-Xfce-14.1 box with fluxbox desktop and mate-panel.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Atip wrote:Yeah I should know this. Just forget it since with mate-panel I can mount an audio CD (so it says) and play it with Whaaw.
This is just a workaround that mate-panel uses, it doesn't actually mount the CD since that is impossible. If you don't believe me, just run the mount command in a terminal when you have "mounted" the CD with mate-panel, you'll see that it isn't really mounted. I remember there is a fuse filesystem implementation called cddfs that also "mounts" audio CDs and makes tracks appear as regular wav files, but what it really does is that it is using cdparanoia to extract the audio information from the CDs and present it as wav files in a virtual filesystem. There are probably other similar workarounds out there too. Once again: you can never actually mount an audio CD, it has no filesystem.
Atip wrote:And that is real. Listening to it just now. My whaaw calls itself "Whaaw! Media Player 0.2.14" so one should expect to to play an audio CD.
I believe calling it "Whaaw! Media Player (but no audio CDs) 0.2.14" would have been silly. If you launch it, it is apparent that there is no "Play audio CD" option anywhere in the menus. There is however a "Play DVD" option available, so one would expect it to play DVDs (which it does).
Atip

Post by Atip »

I surely believe you and if you read my post carefully it is obvious.

Click on whaaw>help>about and read what it says. It is silly then as you say. ;)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Atip wrote:Click on whaaw>help>about and read what it says. It is silly then as you say. ;)
I don't understand what you're trying to say. I don't find anything silly. What do you think it should say?
ibka

Post by ibka »

gapan wrote: And is there really no trash option in spacefm?
There is, if you install the corbeille-spacefm plugin