Salix Openbox 14.1RC2

zAchAry

Re: Salix Openbox 14.1RC2

Post by zAchAry »

There is no GTK+3 theme set in /root/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini for GTK+3 applications running under sudo.

I suggest to add another launcher that would open a Terminal with sudo.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
pondogor

Post by pondogor »

zAchAry wrote:SourceForge LinksSpaceFM looks bad, in my biased opinion. I prefer Caja or Thunar, instead, because they look better.
For me too Caja + NautilusScriptMod convenient than SpaceFM, but my biased opinion. I used to use Runtu LITE 12.04 Openbox + Caja, but Ubuntu 14.04 has become "thick" for my old computer. At home in Salix Openbox added and Caja + OBLogout, get comfortable and beautiful!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

zAchAry wrote:There is no GTK+3 theme set in /root/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini for GTK+3 applications running under sudo.
True, but this is not really needed for now. There are no GTK+3 apps that would be run with sudo in Salix (yet, at least).
zAchAry wrote:I suggest to add another launcher that would open a Terminal with sudo.
Definitely not. Everyone who wants to use a root terminal should have at least the minimum level of knowledge to use sudo to get the appropriate privileges, instead of getting them with one or two clicks.
posixru

Post by posixru »

ROOT themes identical with UER themes:

Code: Select all

sudo ln -s ~/.fonts /root/.fonts

sudo ln -s ~/.icons /root/.icons

sudo ln -s ~/.themes /root/.themes
ROOT themes GTK2/GTK3/KDE no problem!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

posixru wrote:ROOT themes identical with UER themes:
I will let you figure out why this doesn't make sense.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

gapan wrote:
zAchAry wrote:There is no GTK+3 theme set in /root/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini for GTK+3 applications running under sudo.
True, but this is not really needed for now. There are no GTK+3 apps that would be run with sudo in Salix (yet, at least).
I use Sakura terminal emulator.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

zAchAry wrote:
gapan wrote:
I use Sakura terminal emulator.
And there is no reason to run sakura with sudo. None. At all.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

gapan wrote:The "Lock Screen" menu item should better be under the separator, not above it. And "Exit" should not have a submenu. It should just launch wm-logout. There's no sense in having a submenu if there is only going to be a single item in there.
- Done.
- command xdg-user-dir replaced by be xdg-user-dirs-update
- leafpad is used in config files instead of geany, since there is no geany installed in basic installation.

About "Edit as root" and spacefm. I look in the code and it is a mess to edit and remove every function to root. Then code did not compile. I am not going to spend more time on it. So either we keep spacefm as it is.

Or i suggest to use pcmanfm instead of spacefm. I replaced spacefm with pcmanfm and everything is working fine.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

djemos wrote: - leafpad is used in config files instead of geany, since there is no geany installed in basic installation.
Why not xdg-open?
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

zAchAry wrote:
djemos wrote: - leafpad is used in config files instead of geany, since there is no geany installed in basic installation.
Why not xdg-open?
because it does not work in all cases.
what is wrong with leafpad?