SalixLive XFCE 14.1 rc1

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: SalixLive XFCE 14.1 rc1

Post by gapan »

Sorry I'm away until tomorrow evening and won't be able to draft an announcement until then...
djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: SalixLive XFCE 14.1 rc1

Post by djemos »

gapan wrote:Sorry I'm away until tomorrow evening and won't be able to draft an announcement until then...
I am away too. There is no hurry. You can do it when you have time. Or mimosa and laprjns can help. And i also can add anything if something need to be more clear in details.
But if you don't have time then i have to do it. But i prefer someone of you because you write better english than me.

Also i found a bug in install_on_usb.sh suppose we have iso image under this path ~/slackware-salix-live/64/salixlive64-xfce-14.1.iso
we mount the iso under /tmp/iso
then cd to /tmp/iso/boot
when we execute sudo sh install_on_usb.sh --usb ~/slackware-salix-live/64/salixlive64-xfce-14.1.iso /dev/sdb we get the message you provide the wrong iso.
Lines 88 and 89 has to changed to
from

Code: Select all

isonamef="${isoname%%-*}"
isonamef="${isonamef##*/}"
to

Code: Select all

isonamef="${isoname##*/}"
isonamef="${isonamef%%-*}"
this is because the first line isonamef="${isoname%%-*}" returns ~/slackware because the name of folder has a "-"
while the isonamef="${isoname##*/}" returns salixlive64-xfce-14.1.iso and the second isonamef="${isonamef%%-*}" salixlive64
So finds the salixlive64 in this case also.