Atip

Re: Salix Live Xfce 14.2 beta2

Post by Atip »

Thanks!
Works now.
ikke

Post by ikke »

It's a pity I am not able to do a frugal install as before. When booting the '/boot/modules' directory is not found and there seems to be no way to tell the system where to look for it.
djemos wrote: Do this. Plug in your usb in the usb slot on your laptop or pc. If there is no other usb device connected it will be /dev/sdb
mount your iso image to /tmp/iso

Code: Select all

mkdir -p /tmp/iso
sudo mount -o loop  /path_to_iso_image/salixlive-xfce-14.2-beta2.iso /tmp/iso 
cd /tmp/iso/boot
sudo sh install_on_usb.sh --usb /path_to_iso_image/salixlive-xfce-14.2-beta2.iso /dev/sdb 
Followed your good advice and installed Salix Live Xfce 14.2 beta2 on a stick. Got some problems because some 'syslinux'-files where not found. Finally I installed from your Slackel openbox 607 distribution and then everything was OK. Nice!

So : thank you for providing this "install_on_usb.sh" script.

One question remains. I prefer making modules instead of persistent. Which is the best way to make modules for this Salix Live Xfce 14.2 beta2 distribution?

Thank you,
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

ikke wrote: Followed your good advice and installed Salix Live Xfce 14.2 beta2 on a stick. Got some problems because some 'syslinux'-files where not found. Finally I installed from your Slackel openbox 607 distribution and then everything was OK. Nice!
You need syslinux installed in your system to use install_on_usb.sh. If you run a different distro than slackware, salix, slackel then also you need syslinux installed.
One question remains. I prefer making modules instead of persistent. Which is the best way to make modules for this Salix Live Xfce 14.2 beta2 distribution?
Thank you,
create a directory install all the packages you like in this directory with sudo spkg -i --root=ROOT package_name
and then create an squashfs module from this directory. sudo mksquashfs directory_name module_name.slm -noappend -comp xz -b 1M
ikke

Post by ikke »

djemos wrote:You need syslinux installed in your system to use install_on_usb.sh. If you run a different distro than slackware, salix, slackel then also you need syslinux installed.
You are right.
djemos wrote:create an squashfs module from this directory. sudo mksquashfs directory_name module_name.slm -noappend -comp xz -b 1M
Thank you for this recipe. I hope I won't forget it!
Thank you very much.