hostingxtreme repository mirror to go down

gapan
Salix Wizard

hostingxtreme repository mirror to go down

Post by gapan »

I was informed that mirroring services for our repository at hostingxtreme will be discontinued. Please make sure you run reposetup/gtkreposetup and choose another mirror if you are currently using it. I have already removed it from the list of available mirrors. The mirror will go down in about 2 months from today.
ChuangTzu
Donor

Re: hostingxtreme repository mirror to go down

Post by ChuangTzu »

Hello gapan,

switched some time ago, they became quite inconsistent as of late (since new years perhaps) with frequent downtime.
gaucho
Donor

Re: hostingxtreme repository mirror to go down

Post by gaucho »

Hi, gapan,

Thank you for the heads-up about the hostingxtreme mirror. I'm sorry to hear that, as it had been performing reliably for me up until recently. As ChuangTzu noted, I've have some issues also, but I assumed it was our connection's fault rather than hostingxtreme's.

I just switched over to the xmission mirror (they're based in Salt Lake City, UT) and will give them a try. It looks like you've already updated the Salix mirrors Status page ( http://salixos.org/mirmon.html ) -- you're fast! :)
Registered Linux User # 442201

Dell Latitude E4300 laptop: Intel Core2 Duo P9400 CPU, 8 GB RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, Intel Wireless 7260