New blog site

mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: New blog site

Post by mimosa »

I just installed Current on a HD in a USB enclosure. Although my undrestanding is the script is just intended for 14.2 targets, it seemed to work just fine. I did have a bit of a problem with lilo (/etc/lilo.conf not found) but that may have been because of not reading the instructions properly. Anyway, I was able to boot from BIOS, and all seems well.

I haven't however tried it out much yet, because I don't have a non-root user. Presumably Slack expects you to do that after installation.

The installed kernel is 4.19.0.
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

Hello,
mimosa wrote: 2. Nov 2018, 09:45 I did have a bit of a problem with lilo (/etc/lilo.conf not found) but that may have been because of not reading the instructions properly.
You are not supposed to install lilo during the regular installation, the script installs it then with a specific /etc/lilo.conf

But do you mean that an error message was displayed at some point about /etc/lilo.conf, when running install_with_UUID.sh? that looks weird.
mimosa wrote: 2. Nov 2018, 09:45I haven't however tried it out much yet, because I don't have a non-root user. Presumably Slack expects you to do that after installation.
Yes. just type "adduser" to create a non-root user.

Thanks for testing.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

DidierSpaier wrote: 2. Nov 2018, 18:39
mimosa wrote: 2. Nov 2018, 09:45 I did have a bit of a problem with lilo (/etc/lilo.conf not found) but that may have been because of not reading the instructions properly.
I think I tried lilo -v at either just after installation, or on reboot. I'm afraid I don't remember.

Nothing to do with your script, but wireless internet is working poorly for me in current. I tried with wicd too, but it also disconnects after a few seconds - just as some users have reported with 14.2, though it works reasonably well for me, at least with Salix.

I tested video and see the same "tearing" and general jerkiness in 15.0 as in 14.2. This was using alien's vlc package, and his packages for the dependencies he lists.
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

mimosa wrote: 2. Nov 2018, 21:21 I think I tried lilo -v at either just after installation, or on reboot. I'm afraid I don't remember.
If it was just after installation (i.e. *before* running the script) it's normal as if you don't ask the installer to run liloconfig no /etc/lilo.conf is written during installation.
AndreyBailey

Post by AndreyBailey »

Congrats for new blog site, look very simple decent.
hugok

Post by hugok »

Curious, The world’s fastest framework for building websites name(HUGO)....This is my Real name Hugo :lol:
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79