Here is Salix 13.1beta1, coming shortly after the announcement of Slackware 13.1beta1. It's available in both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures and it's another step towards the final release of Salix 13.1. Most bugs should be fixed by now and the result should be really close to what the final release is going to be.
Changes since 13.1alpha1:
* simple-scan replaces Xsane
* evince replaces epdfview
* cryptsetup and mdadm have been added, making it easier to setup lvm
* installer does not autoreboot after completion, but prompts the user to select between rebooting, or exiting the installation to the command line. Should also help with setting up lvm.
* upgraded kernel to version 220.127.116.11
* bluez has been upgraded to version 4
* fixed the locale setup window during installation having the right size
* timezones are now presented alphabetically during installation
* the default gdm theme has been updated and cleaned up
* many more packages upgraded and rebuilt for current. Several deprecated packages have been removed from the repositories. You can check the ChangeLog files in the current repositories if you want a complete list of them.
Other changes since Salix 13.0.2:
* New and improved gtk system tools!
* Better support out of the box for Chinese, Japanese, Korean and other languages. Configuring SCIM is now part of the installer
* Fixed missing mkfs.msdos symlink in the 32-bits version.
* Fixed installation of LILO in manual mode in the installer.
* Hopefully fixed rarely (and randomly) occuring bug with fontconfig getting stuck at the end of installation.
* Fixed false detection of vfat and ntfs with no OS installed as windows partitions.
* Fixed properly identifying scsi hard drives and ram disks during installation.
* Fixed missing fonts that caused some screensavers to crash.
* Improved boot times
* Renamed confusingly named buttons when setting up user accounts.
* New artwork.
* Added salix-man package that provides a manpage with an overview of admininstration commands for Salix. Run "man salix" for more.
* Brasero replaces xfburn. It seems to work better with most people's hardware.
* Parole replaces Totem
* Viewnior replaces Ristretto
* Added Pitivi non-linear video editor
* Removed splashy, it doesn't work with KMS.
You can download the iso images from our sourceforge project page:
32-bit: http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/f ... o/download
64-bit: http://sourceforge.net/projects/salix/f ... o/download
Please report any bugs you might find, so we can squash them before reaching 13.1.