Salix Xfce 15.0alpha2

mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Salix Xfce 15.0alpha2

Post by mimosa »

djemos wrote: 2. May 2022, 15:39 There is no reason for the default behaviour. It is just as how things are on slackware.
:roll:
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

What did you don't understand. ? Why salix exist ? If had to go with default slackware way. Why the salixtools to exist then? To make user life easy.
I do not like everything about Slackware. Personal opinion. OK. Everyone has its own opinion.
Well it is a big conversation and it is not the place to do it here.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

djemos wrote: 2. May 2022, 23:30 What did you don't understand. ? Why salix exist ? If had to go with default slackware way. Why the salixtools to exist then? To make user life easy.
I do not like everything about Slackware. Personal opinion. OK. Everyone has its own opinion.
Well it is a big conversation and it is not the place to do it here.
It wasn't you I was rolling my eyes at :) and I will certainly be using your fix. Thanks!
SalixManiac

Post by SalixManiac »

Hello,
help2man is a missing dependency of lintool.
they forgot to put it in the slackware 15.0 repositories.
Colin Chapman “light is right” those last words "the middle pedal is for cowards"
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

SalixManiac wrote: 4. May 2022, 20:43 Hello,
There is no "lintool" package, so what are you referring to?
SalixManiac

Post by SalixManiac »

libtool-2.4.6-x86_64-18.txz

Sorry i have bad eyes and I had written lintool :oops:
Colin Chapman “light is right” those last words "the middle pedal is for cowards"
Papasot
Donor

Post by Papasot »

Hi fellow Salixers, I am a bit late to the party because life kept me busy, but better late than never,
I have alpha2 installed a few days now for serious testing (meaning I pretend this is already my daily system and I am looking for any issues).
Installation is as fast and neat as usual, no problems whatsoever. Resources used while running as expected - pretty normal for a Xfce environment. Configuring the system to my liking was also the same as before.
Installing my own libraries and applications for full development only partially worked (when it worked, it worked fine though). Parts of it won't work because some system libraries I need are missing (not just SBo packages - that was to be expected - but also packages that used to be there in 14.2 and typically end with the "salix" suffix, or gapan's and djemos' packages). Some examples: lua, freealut, alure, FreeImage are missing- I am guessing it is early for them. I am familiar with Salix packaging (and the packaging tools are pre-installed in "full" installation), so I was able to create some of the missing packages, but not all of them.
I don't use a Display Manager (I think LightDM was a great choice for 15.0 though). So I noticed that shutting down the system from Xfce is done without any visible output that used to be there in 14.2: I don't see any messages concerning what's going on (such as "sending processes the kill signal", "acpid off" etc); the screen just goes blank and after a few seconds the system is off. I'm not sure this is normal behavior.
More remarks to come if I notice anything unusual.
A pleasant detail in this forum: several people pick a picture of their pet as their avatar. Who am I to do otherwise? ;-)
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

SalixManiac wrote: 4. May 2022, 20:43 Hello,
https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackwar ... 6_64-1.txz
https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackwar ... _64-18.txz
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

ibka

Post by ibka »

Hi
I installed zotero and when asked if i want to install the LibreOffice add-on i got an error see the image.