Salix Xfce 15.0RC1

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Xfce 15.0RC1

Post by gapan »

Amol wrote: 9. Aug 2022, 14:23 Hello Salix team and users !
I've just post on sourceforge in the bugtracker.
I'm new to Slackware galaxy but in the linux world since december 2020.Salix is what Slackware should be, about easy installation.There is very good choices in Salix, for example the whisker menu.
Best regards, keep up the good work !
Amol
Thanks Amol and welcome!

I will ask you to provide more informatino in the bugtracker as I don't really understand what you mean with what you posted there.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

missTell wrote: 9. Aug 2022, 14:04 Trying to help you to proudly find the place among the other four? Sad you didn't notice that yet.
That is delusional and out of touch with reality. It is simply never going to happen. And I don't think anybody here wants it to happen. Certainly I don't want it to happen.
missTell wrote: 9. Aug 2022, 14:04 - VLC plays MP4 video, but every 3 sec. cuts the sound off. This might be Flatpak or VM issue
I don't see any such issues with the VLC flatpak here. But I will add a VLC package in the repositories anyway.
missTell wrote: 9. Aug 2022, 14:04 Geany is missing color schemes in the repository.
I didn't know about those. I have added a geany-themes package in the default installation. Thanks!
missTell wrote: 9. Aug 2022, 14:04 Would it be possible to add Zorin Light (Start) Menu, or is that impossible for some reason?
Link to source code?
hugok wrote: 8. Aug 2022, 13:11 In the panel, the Sound icon is missing, had to add Pulse audio plugin.
I have added the pulseaudio plugin in the default configuration. It will be there in RC2 (coming up)...
hugok wrote: 10. Aug 2022, 13:38 As far as "locales"...

The libreoffice "7.4.0.2-x86_64-2gv" package does not match the libreoffice-l10n "7.2-x86_64-1gv" version in the repo...

Could the libreoffice-dict package be added to the repo as well? And by the way vlc also... although we have smplayer.
Yes, I know. I will update them soon. But the 7.2 locale packages work just fine with libreoffice 7.4 package in any case.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

missTell wrote: 9. Aug 2022, 14:04 Would it be possible to add Zorin Light (Start) Menu, or is that impossible for some reason?
You can now find a package here if you want to try it: https://people.salixos.org/gapan/xfce4- ... te-plugin/
I'm not putting it on the repos because the way it is built there are a lot of things that are hardcoded for Zorin and it would require a lot of work to change those.
hugok

Post by hugok »

Zorin Light (Start) Menu is quite good, it looks like the old Windows start menus and also the Bourbon menu of Q4OS Trinity DE.
I think it is a fork of ArcMenu and was also written by Graeme Gott, the creator of Whisker Menu.
Even so, I prefer Whisker menu for is customizability and functionality and also because is translated in Portuguese by me :?
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »