Salix 15.0RC4

salpek

Re: Salix 15.0RC4

Post by salpek »

gapan wrote: 6. Sep 2022, 12:35
salpek wrote: 6. Sep 2022, 09:38
gapan wrote: 1. Sep 2022, 16:52
Thanks, I have edited the wiki accordingly.
Upgrade second machine DELL Optiplex 780 edited version to 15.0:

After slapt-get --install-set slackware/a I try next step slapt-get -i lightdm... and got error:
slapt-get: error while loading shared libraries :libssl.so.1....
I have to do it once more (I'm sure because I did it from bash history):

Code: Select all

ln -sf /lib/libssl.so.1.1 /lib/libssl.so.1
Then all next steps goes flawless :)
OK thanks! I've added the extra step to the wiki.
Add to the wiki this symlink too (both are needed)
ln -sf /lib/libcrypto.so.1.1 /lib/libcrypto.so.1
ibka

Post by ibka »

DidierSpaier wrote: 5. Sep 2022, 19:33
ibka wrote: 5. Sep 2022, 15:34The command i used is: po4a-translate -f asciidoc -m HandBook.adoc -p sv_SE.HandBook.po -l sv_SE.HandBook.adoc
Not an answer, but incidentally po4a-translate finds translations with a \n at the end of lines 2755, 3645, 3650 that should be removed as they are not in the source string. Also, po4a-translate by default keep only translation completed @ 80% but this one is (or was when I tried) @ 76.76%.

But you can tell it to keep and process the file even if less translated with the option -k (for keep). For instance:
po4a-translate -k 70 -f asciidoc -m HandBook.adoc -p sv_SE.HandBook.po -l sv_SE.HandBook.adoc

po4a was happy after that and the removal of the /n as mentioned above.

Anyway, thanks Ingemar for your translation work!
Thanks Didier, there are a lot of things that need to be checked in the HandBook translation, i have found other strange translations/linebreaks in there so i need to go through everything.
The po4a-translate command works in Slint so there is clearly something wrong in Salix 15 with po4a.
ibka

Post by ibka »

ibka wrote: 5. Sep 2022, 15:34 Hi

rubygem-asciidoctor has missing dependencies of ruby

Another issue is with po4a-translate where i got this error: LineBreak.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 0xed00080, needed 0xeb00080)

The command i used is: po4a-translate -f asciidoc -m HandBook.adoc -p sv_SE.HandBook.po -l sv_SE.HandBook.adoc
I think i found the problem.
After some research i downloaded perl-Unicode-LineBreak from slackbuild.org and built it and then uninstalled the "salix perl-Unicode-LineBreak package" and installed my own build, and now po4a-translate works.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

ibka wrote: 6. Sep 2022, 17:35 I think i found the problem.
After some research i downloaded perl-Unicode-LineBreak from slackbuild.org and built it and then uninstalled the "salix perl-Unicode-LineBreak package" and installed my own build, and now po4a-translate works.
Thanks ibka. I rebuilt the package and have updated it on the repos. Hope it's OK now.
hugok

Post by hugok »

hugo[source]$ ls
HandBook.adoc functions pt_PT.HandBook.adoc pt_PT.HandBook.po rc.S rescuebootstick
hugo[source]$ asciidoc pt_PT.HandBook.adoc
hugo[source]$ ls
HandBook.adoc functions pt_PT.HandBook.adoc pt_PT.HandBook.html pt_PT.HandBook.po rc.S rescuebootstick
hugo[source]$ asciidoctor pt_PT.HandBook.adoc
bash: /usr/bin/asciidoctor: /usr/bin/ruby: interpretador errado: Ficheiro ou pasta inexistente
hugo[source]$

I get this error message running asciidoctor:
bash: /usr/bin/asciidoctor: /usr/bin/ruby: interpretador errado: Ficheiro ou pasta inexistente
In English is something like
bash: /usr/bin/asciidoctor: /usr/bin/ruby: wrong interpreter: Non-existent file or folder
Have po4a; gettext, gettext-tools, ascii, rubygem-asciidoctor installed...

@DidierSpaier ??
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

@Hugo

Maybe you just do not have ruby installed. Assuming that in your /etc/slapt-get/slat-getrc you have a line beginning like this:
SOURCE=https://slackware.uk/salix/x86_64/slackware-15.0/
just type as root or using sudo:
slapt-get -u
slapt-get -i ruby

Does this work?

EDIT It has been upgraded in Slackware 15.0. Make sure you get the version in /patches.
hugok

Post by hugok »

DidierSpaier wrote: 7. Sep 2022, 13:39 @Hugo

Maybe you just do not have ruby installed. Assuming that in your /etc/slapt-get/slat-getrc you have a line beginning like this:
SOURCE=https://slackware.uk/salix/x86_64/slackware-15.0/
just type as root or using sudo:
slapt-get -u
slapt-get -i ruby

Does this work?

EDIT It has been upgraded in Slackware 15.0. Make sure you get the version in /patches.
Yes thanks Didier! It was ruby that was installed after all. I thought that rubygem-asciidoctor had ruby as a dependency :? My fault :oops:
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

Not anyone's fault, things like that happen.

@gapan: maybe consider adding ruby to the .dep of rubygem-asciidoctor?

As an aside, I just upgraded asciidoc to 0.68 in Slint. It should work in Salix as all the common deps are @ the same version in Salix 15.0 and Slint 15.0 (some optional are added in Slint for East Asian languages). Our deps: https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint ... 1slint.dep
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Actually, most of the ruby-* packages didn't list ruby as a dependency since depfinder can't find dependencies for ruby scripts. I have added it now.