Salix Live Xfce 15.0 BETA2

djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Salix Live Xfce 15.0 BETA2

Post by djemos »

I did not get BAD PASSWORD: The password fails the dictionary check - it is based on a dictionary word. It has to do with the password you set.
About usb's. In the past i bought a usb which was fast only in xfat filesystem and formatted it in ext4 was too slow. The usb i bought an intenso 64GB 3.1 usb has also this problem. I formatted it again in xfat and copied there isos over 32GB. When i formatted to ext4 speed for copying was too slow.
So i did the installation on an sandisk 32GB usb.2.0
The time for copying the system it depends on usb speed. I can do nothing about it.
I am writing this from live environment, while installation is proceeding.

Edit: installation took about 2 hours copied 8.4GB of files.
rebooted with usb. The system is running fine. I write this from the installed system on usb.
galmei

Post by galmei »

Hello all,

I had Salix Live 15.0 BETA2 running. Ran without any problems.

Installing Live 15.0 BETA2 from Salix64 Xfce 14.2 almost made me despair. The nasty sticking point for me was the program 'file-roller'. I then used Engrampa after some confusion; with it it went then without difficulty. The entire installation process took just under 2 hours. I used a single USB memory stick. On Salix64 14.2 I use LILO. Wired communication via the web worked. Everything else I still have to try out in detail.
Haven't installed Salix64 Xfce 15.0 yet. Still waiting for a larger hard disk.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

This is salix_startup_guide for salix live in odt and pdf file. It is included in the rebuild package of sli.
hugok

Post by hugok »

Very helpful ;)
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79