Salix LXDE edition 13.1beta1

winix

Re: Salix LXDE edition 13.1beta1

Post by winix »

pizux wrote:ive just update my zenity script for create desktop pcmanfm directory launcher perhaps you could add it to openbox right clicl menu m this script is very useful for beginners on lxde try it and give me feedback
Thanks for the script works perfectly.
Now I have the ability to easily change the icons for folders.

mimix

Post by mimix »

gapan wrote:
autogestion wrote:But wanted to suggest to encourage to some developer a Salix with jwm, is the one who uses Puppy and to the opinion is the best for the oldest computers.
I'm not sure about jwm, but maybe something geekier will be done in the future. ;)
If there is an (easy) option to install just plain openbox (without lxde stuff), that would be just perfect (and much "geekier" too)!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

mimix wrote:If there is an (easy) option to install just plain openbox (without lxde stuff), that would be just perfect (and much "geekier" too)!
You can logon to a plain openbox session. All you need to do is select openbox in the gdm screen. And removing lxde stuff if you don't want them is easy, although I don't see any harm in them being installed:

Code: Select all

removepkg /var/log/packages/lx*
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

The 13.1RC1 iso is ready. Get it from here: https://downloads.sourceforge.net/proje ... 3.1RC1.iso

Major changes since the 13.1beta1 iso are the replacement of firefox with midori and the inclusion of lilosetup in the full installation.

Let's test this for a few days and then release it as stable.
SPlissken

Post by SPlissken »

Is there a memory stick image of this version so that i could install it on my eeePC ?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

SPlissken wrote:Is there a memory stick image of this version so that i could install it on my eeePC ?
You can follow the guide from the wiki to install this from a USB drive, same as you would for the standard edition.
ikke

Re: Salix LXDE edition 13.1 RC1 iso

Post by ikke »

A LXDE RC1 iso : marvellous! Congratulations.

Repeat a previous question : are you working on a Salix LXDE edition 13.1 LiveCD? akuna is still around?

Thank you for kind attention.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

ikke wrote:are you working on a Salix LXDE edition 13.1 LiveCD?
No and we're probably not going to either.
ikke wrote:akuna is still around?
Yes.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

gapan wrote:
ikke wrote:akuna is still around?
Yes.
Hey ;)

Sorry I've been super busy busy with my work lately, but I'm definitely still around.

Regarding Salix LXDE Live version, I do know that Christian was thinking about working on it at some point during summer. Not sure if this is still in his plans. If any one is interested by that project & helping him out, you may want to contact him.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
4-stroke

Post by 4-stroke »

I've been running this for a few hours, and wow! As far as I'm concerned you can trash
the xfce version. I'll be using this one from now on. 8-)