Salix LXDE edition 13.1 has been released

Shador

Re: Salix LXDE edition 13.1 has been released

Post by Shador »

Try xfburn. I have this problem with 13.1, too. It's also not recognized by thunar. Probably some HAL issue, but I don't know.
ikke

Post by ikke »

Wish to inform that 'Brasero' is running nicely under Salix 3.1 x_86_64. So the problem seems to be LXDE only.

Regards/
ikke

Post by ikke »

Another big (!) problem now. Since a live LXDE 3.1 is not yet available I tried two times to do a full install of Salix LXDE edition 13.1 on a usb-stick (/dev/sdc1)?

Installing was successful every time but I can't boot. The problem seems to be lilo.

Anybody can help to get lilo installed on the MBR of that usb-stick?

Thank you.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

ikke, install the libburnia suite (libburn, libisofs, libisoburn). Brasero will use that instead of cdrtools if it's present. Maybe your hardware works better with libburnia (which is also what xfburn uses)
ikke

Post by ikke »

gapan wrote:ikke, install the libburnia suite (libburn, libisofs, libisoburn). Brasero will use that instead of cdrtools if it's present. Maybe your hardware works better with libburnia (which is also what xfburn uses)
Did as you suggested : installed 'libburn' via SlackBuild. But the problem remains. Brasero does not see the empty disk.

Maybe you are right about the hardware. Brasero (Salix 64 bit) works fine on my laptop. Brasero (Salix LXDE) gives problems on my desktop.

May I come back to maybe a more important question : how to do a full install of Salix LXDE edition 13.1 on a usb-stick?

Thank you.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

ikke wrote:Did as you suggested : installed 'libburn' via SlackBuild. But the problem remains. Brasero does not see the empty disk.

Maybe you are right about the hardware. Brasero (Salix 64 bit) works fine on my laptop. Brasero (Salix LXDE) gives problems on my desktop.

May I come back to maybe a more important question : how to do a full install of Salix LXDE edition 13.1 on a usb-stick?

Thank you.
See this post: http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=999
Maybe it will help you too.

About installing on a usb stick, I'm not really sure. You definitely need to install as usual first, but you certainly need to tweak LILO for that and maybe take care of other things too. Some hints are provided at that thread, by Shador, Akuna and flux but I don't think anyone tried it yet: http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=944
ikke

Post by ikke »

gapan wrote: See this post: http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=999
Maybe it will help you too.

About installing on a usb stick, I'm not really sure. You definitely need to install as usual first, but you certainly need to tweak LILO for that and maybe take care of other things too. Some hints are provided at that thread, by Shador, Akuna and flux but I don't think anyone tried it yet: http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=944
Thank you for the info and the pointers.

Wonder if anybody has ever done a full install of LXDE on a usb-stick. I tried several times. One / two partitions. Lilo / Grub. Without success.

Guess we have to be patient and wait for the LXDE LiveCD. And the install that LiveCD to an usb-stick. But I wanted to show how excellent Salix LXDE is ...
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

ikke

Post by ikke »

Nothing changes. Problem remains.

By reinstalling gvfs :
'slapt-get --install gvfs
Reading Package Lists... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
bluez gvfs
'
Maybe it is hardware related ...

Thank you for your efforts.
SPlissken

Post by SPlissken »

Hi all

Writing from my eeePC 701 4G right now with Salix LXDE 13.1.
SalixOS is installed on SDHC card

Here is uname -a

Code: Select all

splissken[~]$ uname -a
Linux eeesalix 2.6.33.4 #2 Thu May 13 00:27:45 CDT 2010 i686 Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor          900MHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
splissken[~]$
I had problem with lilo to boot from SD card
I achieve to boot from SD card following this
http://xu3sno.wordpress.com/2009/09/23/ ... c-4g-surf/