Id_rsa

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
Tim CowChip

id_rsa key for people.salixos.org

Post by Tim CowChip »

I have lost my id_rsa key. I thought I had saved it on a microsd card, but when I looked it was another key pair not the Salixos pair. I have attached a link to a new id_rsa.pub if you have time to generate a new id_rsa for me. I believe I only had 3 packages on the 14.2 version that I could update for the 15.0 version of Salixos.
I would also be willing to help with any other packages needed for the upcoming release.
https://github.com/timcowchip/timcowchi ... id_rsa.pub
djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Id_rsa

Post by djemos »

Your id_rsa exists in your ftp folder in salix repo under timcowchip/.ssh/authorized_keys. George can send it to you. I think there is no need to create a new one.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

(I merged the two posts)

OK, so I can definitely do that, but... how do I know that you are really "timcowchip"? As far as I can see, you just created this account today. Why didn't you use your previous account "Tim CowChip" that is also registered with these forums? You used a new email to register as well, different than any previous email address I am aware of.

@djemos, no it isn't. The id_rsa file is the private key, which doesn't get uploaded to the server, you keep it on your PC and strictly private.
Tim CowChip

Post by Tim CowChip »

I forgot that my login was "Tim Cowchip" and when I tried "timcowchip" and it didn't work, I re-registered. I've gone back to my original login with the email changed from timcowchip@gmail.com to timcowchip@gorge.net. I switched ISP's a little while ago and am using their provided email. I have since closed my gmail account. Sorry about all the confusion I caused. I'm getting mighty forgetful these days.
ImageImage
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

OK, I have uploaded the new pub key to people.salixos.org. You should be able to connect now.

I also took the liberty of changing the author of the original post here to the "Tim CowChip" user and deleting the new "timcowchip" user.
Tim CowChip

Post by Tim CowChip »

gapan wrote: 7. Jan 2021, 10:13 OK, I have uploaded the new pub key to people.salixos.org. You should be able to connect now.

I also took the liberty of changing the author of the original post here to the "Tim CowChip" user and deleting the new "timcowchip" user.
Thank you. I am able to connect now.
and
thank you for deleting my mistake account.
ImageImage
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

:shock:

Hahaha, that's amazing. I thought it reminded me of something, but I just shook it off. :lol: