Opera SLKBUILD for 13.37

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
Shador

Re: Opera SLKBUILD for 13.37

Post by Shador »

It's not completely wrong how you built that module. But it can cause problems for certain packages/ special cases like opera.
ruario

Post by ruario »

ruario wrote:
JRD wrote:/usr/doc/opera should not be a symlink to /usr/doc/opera-version you should choose one)
Opera itself currently expects to find /usr/share/doc/opera/LICENSE. The path is hardcoded (yes, yes it shouldn't be but it is). Slackware/Salix already provides the "/usr/share/doc -> ../doc/", so a symlink from "opera -> opera-version" in doc makes this path valid.
Ok, I have realised that I wasn't entirely correct about this. Opera actually reads /usr/share/opera/defaults/license.txt which happens to be a symlink back to the doc directory. This symlink gets broken when the doc directory is moved to comply with the Slackware doc layout.

Anyway, I have now worked out a better solution to this. I move the actual file to /usr/share/opera/defaults/license.txt and make LICENSE in the doc directory be a symlink back to it. I have already fixed this in the SLKBUILD, so when a new release of Opera comes out it will have this fixed.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Thanks for improving your package :)
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Thumbs up ruario! 8-)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)