grub2

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Re: grub2

Post by thenktor »

damNageHack wrote:

Code: Select all

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=' Gtk-WARNING (recursed) **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",'
I'll bet this gtk warning is the problem here. It occurs every now and then when Xdialog pipes it's error messages to places, where they should not be.

Here installing murrine engine may help :?
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

I used the second one. So, no matter about it any more.
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

thenktor wrote: I'll bet this gtk warning is the problem here. It occurs every now and then when Xdialog pipes it's error messages to places, where they should not be.
Here installing murrine engine may help :?
Why is murrine-engine no required dependency of sg2conf then? In my opinion, bug found! :P
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

damNageHack wrote:

Code: Select all

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=' Gtk-WARNING (recursed) **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",'
[/quote]

Hmm, nearly a missing dependency of Gtk itself as it seems with other applications, too.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

What does gtk have to do with grub? This is completely insane.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

gapan wrote:What does gtk have to do with grub? This is completely insane.
It's only the sg2conf-gui that makes problems ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
bosco

Post by bosco »

Hello,

I am using Grub2 on a Sony laptop. Currently it is working fine, listing Windoze 7, Salix 64 bit, Debian 5x 6 bit, and Xubuntu. Great work, thank you for making grub 2 available.

bosco