MPlayer and mplayer-codecs packages

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
djemos
Salix Warrior

MPlayer and mplayer-codecs packages

Post by djemos »

Just in case these scripts can be useful for anybody (Dimitris Jemos)

1) http://www.slackel.gr/djemos/salix-new- ... s/MPlayer/

# Slackware SlackBuild script for MPlayer
#
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# The original slackware MPlayer.SlackBuild script patched
# by Dimitris Jemos <djemos@slackel.gr>
# URL: http://www.slackel.gr/
# The original script can't compile the svn MPlayer code with the option USE_PATENTS="YES"
# If no downloadable tarball exists this script download mplayer sources from SVN/CVS
# and creates a tarball of them.
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From MPlayer folder run
./MPlayer_use_patents.SlackBuild
to patch the MPlayer.SlackBuild and build MPlayer with patents

You can use the patched MPlayer.SlackBuild
to rebuild the MPlayer .txz as follows

USE_PATENTS=NO ./MPlayer.SlackBuild # build the MPlayer without PATENTS
USE_PATENTS=YES ./MPlayer.SlackBuild # build the MPlayer with PATENTS

===============================================
2) mplayer-codecs salix SLKBUILD
http://www.slackel.gr/djemos/salix-new- ... ecs-salix/

3) mplayer-codecs Slackware SlackBuild
http://www.slackel.gr/djemos/salix-new- ... er-codecs/
Last edited by djemos on 6. Jan 2010, 11:12, edited 2 times in total.
damNageHack

Re: MPlayer and mplayer-codecs packages

Post by damNageHack »

What purpose has this script? It is useless in this way. :?

What is ./MPlayer_use_patents.SlackBuild and where can I get it from (is it allowed to tell, google knows all)?

I understand only that it is problematical to provide in our repository a mplayer package with the patents included. :roll:
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

damNageHack wrote:What purpose has this script? It is useless in this way. :?
It certainly isn't.
damNageHack wrote:What is ./MPlayer_use_patents.SlackBuild and where can I get it from (is it allowed to tell, google knows all)?
It's a shell script. It just happens to create a package. Open it with an editor and find what it does. It's really is that simple. djemos has provided links for everything in his post.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

The codecs package only can be used on 32 bit, can't it?

Is there any difference in mplayer playback with patents enabled? Or is it only for mencoder?
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

OK, this should answer my second question:

Code: Select all

if [ "$USE_PATENTS" != "YES" ]; then
  DO_PATENTED="--disable-libdvdcss-internal \
               --disable-mp3lame --disable-mp3lame-lavc \
               --disable-faac --disable-faac-lavc \
               --disable-libamr_nb --disable-libamr_wb"
But:
disable-libdvdcss-internal: so it uses external libdvdcss?
disable-mp3lame: ok, only mencoder
disable-faac: ok, only mencoder
disable-libamr: amr playback disabled in mplayer?
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

I think this script is useful. It was useful to me. Read below.

1) Just try to compile the svn source, the latest source from MPlayer website and you'll see that it cannot compile.

2) to understand the changes i made look in the patch file (http://www.slackel.gr/djemos/salix-new- ... uild.patch). Otherwise MPlayer source cannot compile.

3) In the latest svn source in both cases USE_PATENTS=YES or NO, x264 support is not enabled.

In the MPlayer source provided with slackware (ftp://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/linux/slackware/s ... 390.tar.xz) xvid support can compile. But this is a different source, an old one.

So this script is useful. It was useful to me to add greek subtitles in an xvid (avi) movie. I cant do this with ffmpeg. If someone know how, he is welcome. Mencoder is an excellent tool.
And it is simple with this script http://www.slackel.gr/djemos/pub/mymencoder

For the things to be clear, here is the output from compiling with USE_PATENTS=YES and below the output from USE_PATENTS=NO. Look in the differences in the two config files and in codecs which are enabled and disabled in each occasion

########## USE_PATENTS=YES #################
Config files successfully generated by ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/man --confdir=/etc/mplayer --enable-gui --enable-menu --enable-largefiles --disable-arts --codecsdir=/usr/lib/codecs --win32codecsdir=/usr/lib/codecs --realcodecsdir=/usr/lib/codecs --language=en nl fr de es --enable-runtime-cpudetection !

Enabled optional drivers:
Input: dvdnav(internal) ftp pvr tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv cddb cdda libdvdcss(internal) dvdread(internal) vcd dvb smb network
Codecs: libschroedinger libdirac xvid libdv libavcodec(internal) qtx real xanim win32 faad2(internal) faac musepack libdca libmpeg2(internal) liba52(internal) mp3lib(internal) libtheora speex tremor(internal) twolame libmad liblzo gif
Audio output: alsa openal esd oss v4l2 sdl mpegpes(dvb)
Video output: v4l2 sdl gif89a pnm jpeg png opengl mpegpes(dvb) fbdev svga caca aa xvidix cvidix dga xv x11 xover dfbmga directfb yuv4mpeg md5sum tga

Disabled optional drivers:
Input: vstream radio tv-dshow live555 nemesi
Codecs: x264 libopencore_amrwb libopencore_amrnb toolame
Audio output: sun jack pulse nas arts ivtv dxr2
Video output: zr zr2 ivtv dxr3 dxr2 vesa ggi xmga mga winvidix 3dfx vdpau xvmc bl xvr100 tdfx_vid wii s3fb tdfxfb

########## USE_PATENTS=NO #################
Config files successfully generated by ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/man --confdir=/etc/mplayer --enable-gui --enable-menu --enable-largefiles --disable-arts --codecsdir=/usr/lib/codecs --win32codecsdir=/usr/lib/codecs --realcodecsdir=/usr/lib/codecs --language=en nl fr de es --enable-runtime-cpudetection --disable-libdvdcss-internal --disable-mp3lame --disable-mp3lame-lavc --disable-faac --disable-faac-lavc --disable-libopencore_amrnb --disable-libopencore_amrwb !

Enabled optional drivers:
Input: dvdnav(internal) ftp pvr tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv cddb cdda dvdread(internal) vcd dvb smb network
Codecs: libschroedinger libdirac xvid libdv libavcodec(internal) qtx real xanim win32 faad2(internal) musepack libdca libmpeg2(internal) liba52(internal) mp3lib(internal) libtheora speex tremor(internal) twolame libmad liblzo gif
Audio output: alsa openal esd oss v4l2 sdl mpegpes(dvb)
Video output: v4l2 sdl gif89a pnm jpeg png opengl mpegpes(dvb) fbdev svga caca aa xvidix cvidix dga xv x11 xover dfbmga directfb yuv4mpeg md5sum tga

Disabled optional drivers:
Input: vstream radio tv-dshow live555 nemesi libdvdcss(internal)
Codecs: x264 libopencore_amrwb libopencore_amrnb faac toolame
Audio output: sun jack pulse nas arts ivtv dxr2
Video output: zr zr2 ivtv dxr3 dxr2 vesa ggi xmga mga winvidix 3dfx vdpau xvmc bl xvr100 tdfx_vid wii s3fb tdfxfb
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

thenktor wrote:The codecs package only can be used on 32 bit, can't it?

Is there any difference in mplayer playback with patents enabled? Or is it only for mencoder?
Look in this script i downloaded from SlackBuilds.org http://www.slackel.gr/djemos/salix-new- ... SlackBuild and if you have an x86_64 system can check if can be used on 64 bit system. In the script has flags for 64 bit.
I dont have 64 bit system.