Firefox 22

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
retriever

Firefox 22

Post by retriever »

Here are the urls for Firefox 22. I found it and installed it and it works really well; The urls would not work for me in Midori.

Updated package for Slackware -current:
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/s ... i486-1.txz

Updated package for Slackware x86_64 -current:
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/s ... 6_64-1.txz
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Firefox 22

Post by gapan »

These packages are from slackware current. Bear in mind this certain package from current might work in 14.0 right now, but that doesn't mean that it will always do, or that other packages will do at any point.

When you are doing something like this, you are traiding stability for something unpredictable.

Alternatevily (and more safely) everyone who wants a firefox updated to the very latest version, can just download the binaries from mozilla, extract then somewhere in their home directory and run it from there. That is harmless and won't impact your system. And you can even use the auto-update feature of firefox.

As we are staying with the ESR versions, we will stay with firefox ESR 17.x until esr 24.0.2 comes out, at which point we'll switch to the esr 24 branch.
retriever

Post by retriever »

Sorry gapan. I have reverted back to Firefox ESR. I didn't know that was the preferred package. Sorry about that.
Elias

Post by Elias »

I prefer the versions ESR. are more stable. :D