My slkbuild repository

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
icaroperseo
Donor

My slkbuild repository

Post by icaroperseo »

Hi!

Before starting I would like to emphasize that I am not an experienced packer but with practice I would like to become one, so one could say that is my personal dojo. :P

Well, I recently created a small repository that contains applications that I use daily and for some circumstance, there are no official repositories, SlackBuild.org, for some reason have not been updated for some time, etc.

https://github.com/icaroperseo/perseosblog-slkbuilds

Maybe I'm not following the Slackware philosophy but I try to update it very often to also have the most recent versions also I try to include new applications, so I suggest you keep abreast.

Any comments, suggestions or "lesson of the day" are always welcomed! :D

Best regards and enjoy!

P.S. Even I have pending replace the slack-required file by dep file, I will when I can.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: My slkbuild repository

Post by gapan »

Great!

Some comments for future consideration:

* You seem to be maintaining separate SLKBUILDs for different architectures. This is in no way needed and in fact it is advised not to do it this way unless it's absolutely needed (if for example the i686 and x86_64 SLKBUILD have substantial differences -- almost never the case). If you just remove the "arch=..." line from the SLKBUILD, it will use the architecture of your current system and you can keep a single SLKBUILD.
* I see you're setting CFLAGS="". Bad idea. Leave it alone. In fact when you have empty variables, just delete the line altogether.
* If you're interested in putting these in the official repos in the future, be aware that running "git clone" or similar in the SLKBUILD is not allowed. You need to create a tarball and use that as a source file.
* For official repos again: remove the underscore from pkgrel.
* For official repos: It would be better if you added "--build=$arch-slackware-linux" in the configure options (not important with respect to features and I've missed it a few times too, but nice nonetheless)
icaroperseo
Donor

Re: My slkbuild repository

Post by icaroperseo »

gapan wrote:Great!

Some comments for future consideration:

* You seem to be maintaining separate SLKBUILDs for different architectures. This is in no way needed and in fact it is advised not to do it this way unless it's absolutely needed (if for example the i686 and x86_64 SLKBUILD have substantial differences -- almost never the case). If you just remove the "arch=..." line from the SLKBUILD, it will use the architecture of your current system and you can keep a single SLKBUILD.
* I see you're setting CFLAGS="". Bad idea. Leave it alone. In fact when you have empty variables, just delete the line altogether.
* If you're interested in putting these in the official repos in the future, be aware that running "git clone" or similar in the SLKBUILD is not allowed. You need to create a tarball and use that as a source file.
* For official repos again: remove the underscore from pkgrel.
* For official repos: It would be better if you added "--build=$arch-slackware-linux" in the configure options (not important with respect to features and I've missed it a few times too, but nice nonetheless)
Ready! Many of the observations have been corrected. As always, thank you very much @gapan!

P.S Sorry the delay but these last few days I've had problems with my modem/ISP and my earrings were affected, even I struggle to keep up to date.