Lumina-Desktop SlackBuild

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
Tim CowChip

Lumina-Desktop SlackBuild

Post by Tim CowChip »

This is a 14.1 package from SBO. I patched it to build on salix64-xfce-14.2beta1
Lumina-0.8.6
ImageImage
ChuangTzu
Donor

Re: Lumina-Desktop SlackBuild

Post by ChuangTzu »

Tim, thanks for building this. Did you notice high CPU usage with Lumina? I built it a few times on standard Slackware64 and Salix64 and both times it spiked CPU 100%.
Couldn't figure out why.

Other than that it seems to have alot of potential.
Tim CowChip

Post by Tim CowChip »

HI Chuang

I'm not noticing high cpu usage with Lumina. There is one problem I am noticing, the panel is not "sticky". It appears on only the first workspace and no other.

This is the 0.8.6 version. Hopefully when SlackBuilds.org gets package submissions for 14.2, there will be a newer version of Lumina.

The latest source is at 0.9.0. It doesn't need the LXcbEventFilter.patch.
ImageImage
Papasot
Donor

Post by Papasot »

Tim CowChip wrote:I'm not noticing high cpu usage with Lumina. There is one problem I am noticing, the panel is not "sticky". It appears on only the first workspace and no other.
A few months ago, I tried PC-BSD (which uses Lumina as the default window manager) on a spare laptop, and I had the exact same problem. Not sure about the details, but if I were to guess, I'd say it's a Lumina issue and has nothing to do with Tim's build.
A pleasant detail in this forum: several people pick a picture of their pet as their avatar. Who am I to do otherwise? ;-)
Tim CowChip

Post by Tim CowChip »

the Lumina SlackBuild now builds thanks to the latest update to qt5. salix64 package
ImageImage
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

Tim, maybe you will consider rebuilding, at least to see if 1.0.0beta1 buids OK...

https://github.com/trueos/lumina/releas ... .0.0-Beta1

Didier
Tim CowChip

Post by Tim CowChip »

I used the same source as used by the SBO package http://download.salixos.org/sbo/14.2/de ... umina.info which did not build until the Salix qt5 package was updated on Jul 3, 2016 qt5-5.6.1-x86_64-1gv.txz.

If you want to try building with another source you can edit the SLKBUILD, put it in the same folder as your source open a terminal in that folder and

Code: Select all

fakeroot slkbuild -x
ImageImage
DidierSpaier

Post by DidierSpaier »

Of course. To clarify, I didn't mean my a post as a request, just an information.

Incidentally, the SBo repos for 14.2 are ready (I was about to write "the bar is open"). So, slapt-src works for 14.2.

Cheers,