New package of Kino and dep's

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
Shador

Re: New package of Kino and dep's

Post by Shador »

libavc and dvgrab both look properly to me.
With kino there is only one serious issue: the lack of icons in /usr/share/icons/hicolor.
Simply convert the icon /usr/share/pixmaps/kino.png to size <=48 as you did with extremetuxracer. Apparently nothing seems to depend on that icon in pixmaps anyway so you can remove the whole dir /usr/share/pixmaps afterwards.
Apart why don't enable support for some more audio/video-formats during configure, requires more deps but seems really worth it. For example:

Code: Select all

libvorbis enabled         no
x264 enabled              no
This also includes (lib)quicktime. Generally I recommend to enable any configure flags, that might be needed for a not very special use case, unless it tears in a big pile of dependencies (e.g. kde, qt) while offering little benefit. This is no rule per se, but it can save rebuilds because xy (or even oneself) requires feature xz. :)

However, these are just minor issues anymore. You really did a good job already.
If you feel ready to do so: http://www.salixos.org/wiki/index.php/S ... repository
jbs1136

Post by jbs1136 »

Thanks for the suggestions. I was about to post the 32 bit versions but I will wait and make corrections on both and then repost. I will install quicktime and the others and enable them. I left out quicktime because I personally don't like it or use it but that's just me. Since this is for everyone and not just me it would be best to put it in. Should have them redone and back up by morning (mine).

I appreciate the offer but I think I should do a few more first. If it's okay I would like to post them here and get critiqued and correct them and let you or one of the other developers say they are ready.

john
jbs1136

Post by jbs1136 »

Ok, I need some help. I tried to enable the options and have had no luck. I got quicktime and ffmpeg local okay. I couldn't get any of the others. I went through /usr/src and looked at a bunch of slkbuild's. I finally found transcode which had enabled some of the same libs as I wanted. I used the same wording in my slkbuild and still got an error. Here is the portion of the slkbuild that causes the error and then the error:

./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-quicktime --enable-local-ffmpeg \
	--enable-a52="yes" \
	--build=$arch-salix-linux || return 1

root|/home/bin/Building/packages/salix/kino # slkbuild -x
kino-1.3.4.tar.gz found in current directory
build-kino.sh has been created
tar -xf kino-1.3.4.tar.gz
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-a52
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/ginstall -c
checking whether build environment is sane... ^Croot|/home/bin/Building/packages/salix/kino #
Any suggestion of what to do or try?

john
Shador

Post by Shador »

Configure flags depend on the program and its version you want to compile.
You can get an overview with configure --help or if you don't want to see generally applieable options like --bindir with configure --help=short. ;)
jbs1136

Post by jbs1136 »

It seems my post from yesterday didn't stick or maybe I just didn't hit send. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I have tried that and used every combination I could think of. I checked kino's forum and there were people asking about H264 and when it would be implemented so maybe it is not possible to enable it yet. I made a post there about enabling different options but haven't had a reply yet.

I have rebuilt kino with libquicktime enabled and have the 32 bit versions made and also extremetuxracer in 32 bit. I will post them as soon as I can. Having problems connecting via gFTP to add them. I can't get either machine to connect. Tried the cli also and that won't work either.

thanks,

john
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

jbs1136 wrote: Having problems connecting via gFTP to add them. I can't get either machine to connect. Tried the cli also and that won't work either.
It was a problem with the server & it should be fixed now. Can you try again? :)
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
jbs1136

Post by jbs1136 »

Yes, it's working fine, uploading now. Thanks a lot

john