Libreoffice 7.0.0

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Libreoffice 7.0.0

Post by djemos »

I like to test new versions of popular software. Libreoffice 7.0.0 has a very nice splash window and new look. And it is running fine.
So, for anyone also like to test 7.0.0 version of LibreOffice bellow are the links.

Libreoffice 7.0.0 x86_64 package
Locale and Help packages for x86_64
Greek spell packages for ancient and modern Greek language.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Libreoffice 7.0.0

Post by gapan »

Thank djemos!

Although I have some problems with this on my low-spec laptop. I'm away these days so I can't test on other PCs. It usually starts with a black screen instead of the splash screen and CPU hits 100% in 1 core for a really long time. Only after a few minutes it settles down and the app is usable. Sounds similar to the trouble that galmei has with the 6.4.5 package. But no such problems with 6.4.5 here in this laptop.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

And impress doesn't start at all here.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

While it is running fine on slackel (Slackware current tree), 7.0.0 version break on all apps when click on "help"->"about" running it on vmware and salix64-xfce live iso. while 6.4.5 had no problems.
I think, because it is a new series of LibreOffice need newest versions of libs which do not exist on Slackware stable.
hugok

Post by hugok »

AlienBOB just released new libreoffice packages 6.4.5...
https://alien.slackbook.org/blog/libreo ... ware-14-2/
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Nice! I've been trying a similar approach myself. I've already got everything compiling and I have some preliminary packages, but I ultimately want to make a single script that:
1. Builds and installs a newer gcc (I'm using 8.4.0 now)
2. Builds and installs a newer gperf
3. Builds and packages libreoffice

all without touching the actual Salix installation that everything is running under. With the ability to build a 32bit package on a 64bit host too. Right now I have a few small scripts that do everything and need to unify them. And I also need to build locale packages. It takes several hours to build libreoffice and I may have done it about 20 times so far, trying different things, so it's a slow process.

I thought I should try all that, since using the libreoffice binaries won't be an option for our next 32bit release (whenever that is).