RFDUMP

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
Post Reply
User avatar
zAchAry
Posts: 804
Joined: 11. May 2010, 09:02
Location: Israel

RFDUMP

Post by zAchAry » 19. Aug 2010, 05:18

RFDump is a backend GPL tool to directly interoperate with any RFID ISO-Reader to make the contents stored on RFID tags accessible. This makes the following types of audits possible:
  • Test robustness of data-structures on the reader and the backend-application
    Proof-of-concept manipulations of RFID tag contents
    Clone / copy & paste User-Data stored on RFID tags
    Audit tag-security features
http://www.rfdump.org/
http://www.rf-dump.org/


I've never got the chance to use this application (with the appropriate hardware of course), though I'd really like to, but it should be in the repositories to send the message which is: Say NO to Microchips! :evil:

http://www.spychips.com/
http://www.no2id.net/
http://www.antichips.com/
http://www.lastcallforfreedom.org/
http://farmwars.info/ (Not even with animals)
http://www.foebud.org/ (Germany)
Image
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix

User avatar
thenktor
Salix Wizard
Posts: 2426
Joined: 6. Jun 2009, 14:47
Location: Franconia
Contact:

Re: RFDUMP

Post by thenktor » 19. Aug 2010, 08:12

zAchAry wrote:I've never got the chance to use this application (with the appropriate hardware of course), though I'd really like to, but it should be in the repositories to send the message which is: Say NO to Microchips! :evil:
I don't want an RFID in my personal ID card, but there are many applications where RFIDs can be quite useful.
Image
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)

User avatar
damNageHack
Posts: 663
Joined: 24. Sep 2009, 17:07

Re: RFDUMP

Post by damNageHack » 19. Aug 2010, 14:20

thenktor wrote:I don't want an RFID in my personal ID card, but there are many applications where RFIDs can be quite useful.
I confirm to this statement.
But RFID is not dispensable any more for logistics management. DHL has plans to use it since 2005. AUDI is tracking each assembling step of a car with a chip that goes bundled through the whole process.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/mob ... =164302179
http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/view/3002

Don't feed the trolls ;)
Image
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.

User avatar
zAchAry
Posts: 804
Joined: 11. May 2010, 09:02
Location: Israel

Re: RFDUMP

Post by zAchAry » 19. Aug 2010, 14:47

thenktor wrote:
zAchAry wrote:I've never got the chance to use this application (with the appropriate hardware of course), though I'd really like to, but it should be in the repositories to send the message which is: Say NO to Microchips! :evil:
I don't want an RFID in my personal ID card, but there are many applications where RFIDs can be quite useful.
I did not meant to completely ban RFID technology, I just don't want it in, as you wrote, personal ID card or body implant or any thing of this sort of craziness or privacy invading by government and others that are not "you".

@Admins
May I refer a torrent which contains data about the bad sides of RFID and talks a little bit about RFDUMP too?
Image
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix

User avatar
gapan
Salix Wizard
Posts: 5538
Joined: 6. Jun 2009, 17:40

Re: RFDUMP

Post by gapan » 19. Aug 2010, 15:09

zAchAry wrote:@Admins
May I refer a torrent which contains data about the bad sides of RFID and talks a little bit about RFDUMP too?
If it legal to distribute, yes.
Image
Image

Post Reply