Midi files

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
steepleone

Re: Midi files

Post by steepleone »

steepleone wrote:Finally I found an easier way (for me) and installed timidity. Then I was able to play any midi files.
steepleone
For poor,ordinary and lonesome users of Salix like me, I found a way of playing midi files with fluidsynth on command line (in a Terminal). Download Unison.sf2 in the directory of your midi file (for instance Music) and go to that directory (cd Music). There write the command "fluidsynth -a alsa -l Unison.sf2 [name of your mid.file] and hit enter.If volume sound is correct it's done. Enjoy!
steepleone
steepleone

Re: Midi files

Post by steepleone »

steepleone wrote:
steepleone wrote:Finally I found an easier way (for me) and installed timidity. Then I was able to play any midi files.
steepleone
For poor,ordinary and lonesome users of Salix like me, I found a way of playing midi files with fluidsynth on command line (in a Terminal). Download Unison.sf2 in the directory of your midi file (for instance Music) and go to that directory (cd Music). There write the command "fluidsynth -a alsa -l Unison.sf2 [name of your mid.file] and hit enter.If volume sound is correct it's done. Enjoy!
steepleone
Error: instead of Unison.sf2 use Unison.SF2. Now the command line is:
fluidsynth -a alsa -l Unison.SF2 [name of your mid.file].
steepleone