Midi files

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
steepleone

Midi files

Post by steepleone »

One package is missing in gslapt to read mid files with audacious: audacious-plugin for fuidsynth

Tank you
steepleone
steepleone

Re: Midi files

Post by steepleone »

All I know about this plugin is the following link: http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/peo ... rugalBuild
steepleone
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I think you need to recompile audacious after you install fluidsynth.
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

The audacious-plugins package is an official Slackware package but fluidsynth isn't included, it's not in Slackware-current either.

Thankfully, fluidsynth is in the Salix repository so if you really need this plugin just install fluidsynth then recompile audacious-plugins.

audacious-plugins source:
Slackware 13.1
Slackware64 13.1
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

gapan wrote:I think you need to recompile audacious after you install fluidsynth.
Damn, you beat me to it :D
steepleone

Post by steepleone »

gapan wrote:I think you need to recompile audacious after you install fluidsynth.
That I knew! It is explain in another place on the forum. But "recompile" by gslapt or not? I am still looking for a way to play midi files on Salix! Sorry to be a stupid user as you think probably!
steepleone
fredg

Post by fredg »

Sorry to be a stupid user as you think probably!
tss tss ;)

In your Home:
$ = user
# = root

Code: Select all

# removepkg audacious-plugins
# slapt-get -i fakeroot
# slapt-get -i fluidsynth
$ mkdir plop && cd plop
$ wget -c http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-13.1/source/xap/audacious-plugins/audacious-plugins.SlackBuild
$ wget -c http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-13.1/source/xap/audacious-plugins/audacious-plugins-2.3.tar.xz
$ wget -c http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-13.1/source/xap/audacious-plugins/slack-desc
$ chmod +x audacious-plugins.SlackBuild
$ fakeroot ./audacious-plugins.SlackBuild
$ cd /tmp
# installpkg audacious-plugins-blablabla
$ cross your fingers
Hope this help.

++
steepleone

Post by steepleone »

Did not work...for me. Anyway that was too difficult cause I did not understand all the command lines and must have made some errors with them. Thank you for trying to help me.
steepleone
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

steepleone wrote:Did not work...for me. Anyway that was too difficult cause I did not understand all the command lines and must have made some errors with them. Thank you for trying to help me.
steepleone
A simple copy paste of each line pressing on the key 'Enter' each time should do the trick except that you should omit the leading prompt # or $ which is only there to show you whether the command should be done as regular user or as root.
On the last line at the end, your should of course replace the blablabla part by the exact syntax of the package you just created by executing these commands.

To become root, type su & then give your password when asked (it is normal not to see anything when typing the password in command line)
To come out of root back to regular user, type exit.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
steepleone

Post by steepleone »

Finally I found an easier way (for me) and installed timidity. Then I was able to play any midi files.
steepleone