Xournal, Please

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
Robin

Re: Xournal, Please

Post by Robin »

I did... it turns out I'm on 13.1. I followed the upgrade instructions from the [url=ttp://www.salixos.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_u ... 1_to_13.37]Wiki[/url] without success I'm afraid, prob'ly another newbie mistake on my part. ;)

Edited sources in /rtc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc making all the references "13.7" from "13.1."

Then (as root):

slap-get -u
slapt-get -i spkg pkgtools (result: "No such file")
spkg -d spkg-pkgtools (result: "No such file")
slapt-get -i glibc (result: big ol' fat download)
slapt-get -i slapt-get (0 files downloaded, 0 files installed)
slapt-get -i util-linux (result: "No such file")
spkg -d util-linux-ng (result: "No such command")
slapt-get --upgrade (result: "0 files downloaded, 0 files installed")
slapt-get -i udev (result: "0 files downloaded, 0 files installed")

Opening the package manager and refreshing it got an error message about the sources.

Hey, I'm learning along the way, so why not. Perhaps when I added Xfce and removed LXDE I messed something up. So I've downloaded the Xfce 13.7 iso and will start over. I really don't mind all this, as long as I'm learning. I expected to break it the first few times anyway. Perhaps a fresh re-install will put me on the right track again, and it's hardly that much trouble.

Thank you for your patience! I'll check in after the re-install!
Robin

Post by Robin »

Well, I think I need a LiveCD to do this right. The Xfce installation disk failed to install Salix. One "fatal error" after another. And the only LiveCD ISOs are for version 13.1. And apparently that is not upgradeable to 13.7, judging by the results of the attempt to do so. I had downloaded the Start-up manual for version 13.7 which just doesn't apply to version 13.1. Perhaps I should wait until there is a LiveCD available for the Xfce 13.7 release.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Yep, LiveCDs are not yet ready in their 13.37 version.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Robin wrote:Edited sources in /rtc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc making all the references "13.7" from "13.1."
It's 13.37, not 13.7.
Robin wrote:The Xfce installation disk failed to install Salix. One "fatal error" after another.
Then you have a bad download.