Chrome

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
Duncan_Idaho

Re: Chrome

Post by Duncan_Idaho »

salix2501 wrote:
JRD wrote:
salix2501 wrote:....I wait!
Hey ! We're not slave here, ok ?
What is your point!?
I think he was just joking :P
salix2501

Post by salix2501 »

Ah cooool! :-)
salix2501

Post by salix2501 »

for the records....I installed seamonkey-solibs and it did the work. Certificates are working with Chrome now....
-t
lighans

Post by lighans »

Did anybody try http://code.google.com/p/arora/ as an alternative to chrome?
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

lighans wrote:Did anybody try http://code.google.com/p/arora/ as an alternative to chrome?
We have it in our repo, but not comparable to Chrome. It's just another Webkit browser. BTW: I've read somewhere that Webkit wants to introduce multithreading in the future, too.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
salix2501

Post by salix2501 »

Arora browser is good but Chrome is a better option since it offers true sandboxing and has plenty of plugins.
-t
Arael

Post by Arael »

I like Chromium browser. Pity it doesn't integrate well in X11. I have problems with clipboards. I use pwsafe password manager and Chromium/Chrome skips the first clipboard content.

Here is the bug report I submitted.

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=37755

It is not yet confirmed but in my case is one of the reasons I still use firefox for browsing and web developing.

If you guys package it I will definitely give it a try but I seriously doubt the clipboard fix is going to be released soon. :roll:
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

As far as I remember Chromium doesn't support "url pasting" on middle click, too. And the AntiAliasing settings suck because it doesn't use the desktop setting.
Arael

Post by Arael »

thenktor wrote:As far as I remember Chromium doesn't support "url pasting" on middle click, too. And the AntiAliasing settings suck because it doesn't use the desktop setting.
I don't remember if it had problems with cross gtk/qt applications pasting but it seems to me that the middle click paste was working between the tabs. Anyway, the only positive thing about Chromium is its speed. It is really much much faster than Firefox. It is faster in rendering the pages and the general feeling is that it is snappier than Firefox. But the lack of the integration is a huge fault in my opinion. That's why I don't use it anymore but I probably would use it if it hadn't had these problems.

So you also don't use it anymore?
Last edited by Arael on 14. Apr 2010, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Yes, I'm back to Firefox. Mainly because prebuilt Chromium packages had problems on Slackware current and building Chromium is a big task.