F-spot

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
dballator

F-spot

Post by dballator »

Bonjour à vous
I've just installed Salix yesterday and it work great... so felicitation to the team and let's go for a long time.
Oh I'm french user so my english is poor. I spend afternoon trying to install f-spot (managing pictures soft) and althought your very help and and welcome on IRC I fail to build it from sources.
missing mono, ok and after missing gdk-sharp I don't understand.
Maybe someone can buit it and make package of this very good soft ?

Et bonne année!
damNageHack

Re: F-spot

Post by damNageHack »

Maybe someone can buit it and make package of this very good soft ?
In Salix we have as default ristretto and gimp. Why does this not pass your needs?

gapan, it is your turn? I guess so cause you built the package for ZUR in past.
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
dballator

Post by dballator »

Because I use it for a long time and all my pictures are in one different folder per day and it's not easy with ristretto, it's only possible to view pictures in on folder.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

There are some problems for Salix because of mono. Mono is not liked very well here, I hope you can understand this.

We have not yet mono in the repository. So somebody has to build mono also. :?

This seems to be too much work and less benefit from it. :shock:

But anyway, you are free to suggest your self-built package(s). ;)
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
maximus

Post by maximus »

I can attest to the fact that mono and all the related sharp packages are not for the faint of heart to maintain... I also found the last version of f-spot I used to be quite unstable, although that may have changed by now as it's been quite a while since I used it.

I know it's not really a 'native' linux application, but Picasa works well for me at least and I have quite a large image collection. Too bad Google stopped development for now.