krita 2.7

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
blurymind

krita 2.7

Post by blurymind »

it brings a lot of worthy features!!
http://www.davidrevoy.com/article178/kr ... w-features

the repo has 2.4 which is full of bugs. It also installs the rest of the office suite (calligra) which most people never use
aurlaent
Donor

Re: krita 2.7

Post by aurlaent »

Calligra 2.7 will be in the next version as it's already in Slackware-current.
Slackware doesn't package krita separately.
If you want to try it out, you could have a look at slackel.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

aurlaent wrote:Slackware doesn't package krita separately.
I'd like to point out that Slackware doesn't package krita separately, because KDE doesn't package krita separately. Slackware is not in the habit of breaking up a single source tarball into a thousand little packages.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Unlike some distros I could mention :twisted:
blurymind

Post by blurymind »

do I need to upgrade kde or any system components in order to get krita 2.7 from slackware current?

Is there any sort of tutorial on how to get packages from slackware-current 64 bit repo? Whats the line that I need to add??

Why is there no slackbuild for building krita out there? At least a slackbuild to give me a package without the rest of calligra?

Thanks in advance
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

To run krita 2.7.1 you have to install slackware current or slackel current (kde-4.10.5). Krita need calligra for building. So even a SLKBUILD can be created for building krita, calligra is still needed also.
It is more easy to install slackware current and calligra to run krita 2.7.1.
blurymind

Post by blurymind »

djemos wrote:To run krita 2.7.1 you have to install slackware current or slackel current (kde-4.10.5). Krita need calligra for building. So even a SLKBUILD can be created for building krita, calligra is still needed also.
It is more easy to install slackware current and calligra to run krita 2.7.1.
well, if we are to build calligra in its entirety wouldnt it be more beneficial to have an up to date version that runs on salix's current version of kde? With krita, its necessary to upgrade to gain more stability (and features), where as with kde- upgrading will likely compromise stability.

Using slack current then is not worth the hassle for krita. It's better to build a package.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

Salix kde version is 4.8.5 which is in slackware stable tree. We do not update slackware packages.
If you want krita 2.7.1 then use slackware current or slackel which follows the current tree of slackware.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

blurymind wrote:well, if we are to build calligra in its entirety wouldnt it be more beneficial to have an up to date version that runs on salix's current version of kde?
First of all, we are not going to build calligra. The suggestion was for you to try to do it for your own use.
Second, salix has no current repositories.
blurymind wrote:With krita, its necessary to upgrade to gain more stability (and features), where as with kde- upgrading will likely compromise stability.
And you will most likely find that building a newer calligra requires a newer KDE too.
blurymind

Post by blurymind »

i upgraded kde to slackware current's and got the new krita. After using it for a couple of hours I'd say it was worth it. Huge improvement in terms of stability :mrgreen:

however the new kmix is broken, had to downgrade kmix back to the old kde.
Other than that I didn't find any problems with kde-current (so far)