Opera for 14.1

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
ruario

Re: Opera for 14.1

Post by ruario »

Anyone following my tweets over the last couple of days would probably have guessed this already but in case you missed it, we released a development version of our Blink-based Opera for Linux.

It is very early days so this initial version is provided as a 64-Bit Deb and the UI only looks (semi) correct when running under Unity but ... it is a start. If anyone desperately wants to try it and can't wait for more packages to start to appear, my personal notes will get you an install, which you should be able to cleanly remove later, should you need to. The notes are unsupported and usage of them is entirely at your own risk.

P.S. I'll probably make a SlackBuild when I get a spare moment. The Arch guys already have a PKGBUILD.
laplume
Donor

Re: Opera for 14.1

Post by laplume »

ruario wrote:
laplume wrote:Will the next version still rely on qt4 or will you be moving to qt5?
We have not been qt4 based in about 4 years. Opera Presto stopped depending on Qt a long time ago. Don't believe me. Remove it and Opera Presto will run just fine.

The new version is Gtk/Aura based.
Thanks for the advice Ruario. Maybe I wrongly assumed that Opera Presto was still relying on qt4. Will try the new Opera as soon as a 32bit (Slack)build is available.
Thanks again
Antonio