Blender 2.8

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
mrstordal

Blender 2.8

Post by mrstordal »

Have anyone tried to install the newest version of Blender? I use Salix 14.2 xfce with the "huge" kernel. Does anyone know if there are any reasons why it should not be compatible? I don't have a graphics card on my laptop, by the way. I am planning on installing the dependencies and packages from Slackbuilds http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/ ... s/Blender/

Best regards!
mrstordal

Re: Blender 2.8

Post by mrstordal »

SOLVED

This post can be deleted, it was posted in the wrong place too, probably ;-) But it did work, if anyone else was wondering... With my install I had to install tbb in addition to the dependencies mentioned on Slackbuilds.org.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Honestly, for Blender, I would just use the tarball with the binary from their website...
mrstordal

Post by mrstordal »

Thanks for the reply, and happy new year.

I appreciate the tip, I might just do that, even if it seems to work at the moment. But I have never tried to install anything that way before, so I must read myself up a bit on how to do that.

Steven
mrstordal

Post by mrstordal »

...I assume you meant the package with the executable file. Yes, definitely the easier way!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Well, that too, it just repackages the tarball. But you're still depending and waiting on an SBo packager to update it. If you download the tarball from the blender homepage, extract it somewhere (anywhere), you can run it straight from there.