Timeshift

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
Artim
Donor

Timeshift

Post by Artim »

I'm having trouble getting the tarball installed, and it's against my instincts to install software outside of the repositories or Sourcery. Systemback is great and very simple, better in my opinion than Timeshift, but no longer supported. But it lets you easily backup your whole system and create a bootable USB drive of it. Something like MintStick (a nice GUI for formatting and writing to USB drives) would be a great addition for "Lazy Slackers" as well.

Thanks!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Timeshift

Post by gapan »

OK, here you go:
https://people.salixos.org/gapan/timeshift/

Make sure you have all dependencies installed. depcheck can be useful for this, so get it from the repos first and:

Code: Select all

depcheck -f timeshift-20.11.1-x86_64-1gv.dep
and then install the timeshift package with:

Code: Select all

sudo spkg timeshift-20.11.1-x86_64-1gv.txz
Note that I only know that it launches and haven't actually tested it any further than that.

If anyone wants a 32bit package, ping me.
Artim
Donor

Post by Artim »

Thanks very much! Will it be added to the repositories (and mirrors) soon? It's a great app for lazy Slackers!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

That would require some testing and actual usage first, which I personally cannot guarantee.
jayvee
Donor

Post by jayvee »

Hello gapan and others. I installed salix 14.2 yesterday and made a few changes so thought I should backup everything. I found your post about Timeshift and followed all instructions. I just wanted to let you know that it works a treat, so a big thanks to you.