qjackctl or cadence

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
guitarman

qjackctl or cadence

Post by guitarman »

Hi, I'm running Salix 15. I am able to install ardour and jack, but I can't seem to get jack to run. I'm used to running either qjackctl to control jack or cadence or the ubuntu studio control center. Any possibility of packaging one of these up?
miredia

Re: qjackctl or cadence

Post by miredia »

I support this. Not that I like Ardour that much but it's weird that it's in Salix repositories while an almost-essential tool like QJackCtl is not. QJackCtl is a terminal requirement for using Qtractor, this is what I experienced in distros other than those in Slackware family.

LOL if it weren't for KDE Plasma which isn't to everybody's taste, I would have recommended Liveslak DAW. That starts up with QJackCtl in "task manager" and enabled although it might not be a good idea sometimes...
ibka

Post by ibka »

Hi
Try install qjackctl with

Code: Select all

sudo slapt-src -i qjackctl
miredia

Post by miredia »

ibka wrote: 29. Nov 2022, 15:27 Hi
Try install qjackctl with

Code: Select all

sudo slapt-src -i qjackctl
Thank you for this but it refused to start audio engine, and in order to get it to work I have to uninstall LMMS.

What a shame, QJackCtl here conflicts with "pipewire-jack", trying to remove the latter also marks LMMS to be uninstalled.
globetrotterdk

Post by globetrotterdk »

guitarman wrote: 24. Sep 2022, 19:08 Hi, I'm running Salix 15. I am able to install ardour and jack, but I can't seem to get jack to run. I'm used to running either qjackctl to control jack or cadence or the ubuntu studio control center. Any possibility of packaging one of these up?
I have never been enamored with jack or ardour, however, I can tell you that pipewire works out of the box with Salix64 15 in my experience. I had my Rolland A-800 Pro MIDI keyboard working out of the box with LMMS as soon as I installed pipewire. I just did a search in glapt for "pipewire" and installed everything listed. Easy peasy.
Military justice is to justice what military music is to music. - Groucho Marx