XnView

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
Van_Vinkle
Donor

XnView

Post by Van_Vinkle »

Seeing this thread, I tried to install XnView and downladed it from its page and triying to install, I got:

Code: Select all

root /opt/XnView # spkg -inv XnViewMP-linux-x64.tgz
ERROR: Package name is invalid. (XnViewMP-linux-x64.tgz)
ERROR: Package installation failed!
Any clue?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: XnView

Post by gapan »

That's because that tgz is not a slackware/salix package. It is just a tar.gz file.

You can just extract it wherever you want and run it from there:

tar xf XnViewMP-linux-x64.tgz
cd XnView
./xnview.sh
(I'm not really sure what this has to do with that other thread you linked about webp thumbnails)
Van_Vinkle
Donor

Post by Van_Vinkle »

root /opt/XnView # ./xnview.sh
/opt/XnView/XnView: error while loading shared libraries: libgssapi_krb5.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
root /opt/XnView # spi --search libgssapi_krb5
Available packages:
None
Available SlackBuilds:
None
Concerning "(I'm not really sure what this has to do with that other thread you linked about webp thumbnails)"

From their web:
XnView MP is a versatile and powerful
photo viewer
, image management, image resizer. XnView is one of the most stable, easy-to-use, and comprehensive photo editors. All common picture and graphics formats are supported (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, WEBP, PSD, JPEG2000, OpenEXR, camera RAW, HEIC, PDF, DNG, CR2).
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Van_Vinkle wrote: 2. Oct 2021, 18:26

root /opt/XnView # ./xnview.sh
/opt/XnView/XnView: error while loading shared libraries: libgssapi_krb5.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
root /opt/XnView # spi --search libgssapi_krb5
Available packages:
None
Available SlackBuilds:
None
Install the krb5 package for that.
Van_Vinkle wrote: 2. Oct 2021, 18:26 Concerning "(I'm not really sure what this has to do with that other thread you linked about webp thumbnails)"

From their web:
XnView MP is a versatile and powerful
photo viewer
, image management, image resizer. XnView is one of the most stable, easy-to-use, and comprehensive photo editors. All common picture and graphics formats are supported (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, WEBP, PSD, JPEG2000, OpenEXR, camera RAW, HEIC, PDF, DNG, CR2).
But you can view webp files just fine with viewnior and edit them with gimp. That thread was about thumbnails in thunar and just that.
galmei

Post by galmei »

gapan wrote: 2. Oct 2021, 20:37 But you can view webp files just fine with viewnior and edit them with gimp. [...]
gapan, you certainly installed a lot more than I did from the repositories (which is not surprising). I can't use viewnior or gimp on webp files.

Viewnior says:
"The specified locations do not contain images." (translated from German message)

The GIMP message reads something like:
"/home/galmei/.../abc.webp" could not be opened: Unknown file type (translated from German message)

There is no indication of what might be missing.

I can live with this because I rarely have webp files at the moment. For the few cases I use dwebp.
Van_Vinkle
Donor

Post by Van_Vinkle »

krb5 package installed and problem solved. Xnview runs well.

As usual, your support is fast and good.

Thanks a lot.