Xfce Panel on LXDE?

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
Robin

Xfce Panel on LXDE?

Post by Robin »

Hi!

I love the mind-bending speed and snappiness of the LXDE edition of Salix! But that panel is kinda weak. Is it possible to switch out the LXDE panel for the Xfce one?

Say, by installing it and then editing the autostart menu, replacing lxpanel with xfce-panel?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Xfce Panel on LXDE?

Post by gapan »

Sure it's possible, but I really don't see why would anyone want to do that. If you like the xfce panel, you'll have to install the xfce package, in which case, why don't you just run xfce?
Robin

Re: Xfce Panel on LXDE?

Post by Robin »

gapan wrote:Sure it's possible, but I really don't see why would anyone want to do that. If you like the xfce panel, you'll have to install the xfce package, in which case, why don't you just run xfce?
You're right of course. Just exploring and learning. I'll probably play with it 'til it breaks and learn how to fix it, maybe re-install abuncha times... doing the newbie dance here, that's all.

Didn't find Xfce-panel by itself in the package manager (but plugins for the panel are listed), which is why I asked. I'll likely end up just using Xfce as you suggest.