how to make local packages preferred?

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
crocusino

how to make local packages preferred?

Post by crocusino »

Hi,

I have installed some packages by sourcery, which are newer than the official packages - e.g. lyx-2.0.0 vs lyx-1.6.9. Whenever I update the lists from gslapt, it suggests to "back-upgrade" the package to the older version - and I have to always unmark the package from being upgraded .This, of course, somewhat irritates me.

What should I set to get rid of this stupid inconvenience so that the packages build from SLACKBUILDS are preferred to the binary packages ffrom the repos?

Thank you,
JS
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: how to make local packages preferred?

Post by gapan »

You can either create a local repository with those packages and add it to your slapt-getrc with a higher (CUSTOM) priority, or just blacklist those packages.
crocusino

Post by crocusino »

Yes, creating a local repo with such packages sounds promising. But, please, how to do that?

If I just create e.g. /usr/local/packages and put all my packages there, it obviously won't work. slapt-get needs something more in there. What should I do?

Thanks,
JS
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Please read the slapt-get FAQ. It's all explained there. You can find it at the slapt-get homepage or in your harddrive inside /usr/doc/slapt-get-$version