Thanks for this great distro

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
nenglavida

Thanks for this great distro

Post by nenglavida »

Hi, I have tried several distros since 2000, Slackware always had a place in my heart, but returned to Debian Stable because I needed a production machine without any fail.

I discovered this distro (fantastic) and I have to say that I think it will be my business distro. Now I have installed in my business machine and all woks perfect, I have compiled an account program called "Keme Contabilidad" that works whit mysql database and I have to say that's all OK.

Tomorrow I will replace my old acer laptop and I'm sure that all will be ok.

Well, congratulations and follow with your fabulous work, thanks from Spain.
jayseye

Re: Thanks for this great distro

Post by jayseye »

Slackware has always been very stable here, so am puzzled by the idea that Debian has ever been more reliable. Maybe it was just the name "Debian Stable?" ;)

Anyway, Salix has been a great boon over straight Slackware, due to the added dependency checking, along with Sourcery (and GSlapt). This puts Salix on par with Ubuntu / Debian in ease of use when wanting to install a package and having that process "Just Work." 8-)
sqlpython
Donor

Post by sqlpython »

Yeah, I am in agreement with jakeseye. A a long time Debian and Slackware user I found both to be amongst the very best regarding stability. (six of one, half a dozen of another)
You can't go wrong with either if correctly installed and set up. ;)

However, the out of the box experience with Salix is much more complete then a std Debian install.
Slackware ( Manjaro ) Salix, AntiX, Bunsen, Calculate
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Hi nenglavida, thanks for your kind words. Enjoy Salix. :)