[Solved] OpenOffice.org Death Spiral of Doom

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
imag1narynumber

[Solved] OpenOffice.org Death Spiral of Doom

Post by imag1narynumber »

So the one main problem I'm having with Salix at this point is OO.o. If I try to open Writer, Calc, or any other OO.o application, the splash shows up, with the greybar. Then it cheerfully offers to recover a document (but none are listed, since it never worked). Then the error/crash reporter screen pops up. Then it offers document recovery, then the reporter. Rinse, repeat. The only way I've found to break the cycle is to cancel the document recovery. Then it goes to the start-a-project-type screen. If I select one project type, the cycle beings anew. But if I click file > exit, I am able to exit the program normally. Any thoughts? Thanks.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: OpenOffice.org Death Spiral of Doom

Post by gapan »

Does it happen if you create a new user and try with that? Do you use the same /home dir as with another distribution? Some settings by a different OOo version might be misbehaving. Try deleting your ~/.openoffice.org dir.
imag1narynumber

Duh. Simple fix. Works perfectly. Thanks. Everything was going so well, this gave me a brain fart. Thanks again!

Am I to mark this [solved], and if so, how do I do that?
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Edit you first post on this topic and change the subject by adding [solved] in it.
I'll do it for you.
imag1narynumber

Re: [Solved] OpenOffice.org Death Spiral of Doom

Thanks and thanks. :-)